Chapter 2

Oddius showed us into the train station lobby. It was a large sized area, with giant glassy windows which poured beams of light into the room, giving it a clean glossy look. Usually, average citizens weren't allowed into the train station, but Silius and I weren't the average citizen anymore. We were tributes of the 7th Annual Hunger Games. 

An oremus stood in the lobby, watching our every move. I drifted over to a red cushiony seat, and turned to face Silius. What are the chances of a brother and sister being placed against each other in the Hunger Games? 

The second I sat down, I began to ball. It was okay to cry here, since the cameras weren't watching us. Silius sat next to me. 

"Stop crying Lucy. It won't make anything better!" He growled. I stared at him in shock.

"Aren't you upset about this situation? We might have to kill each other! And you're telling me to stop crying. I don't want to kill you!" I cried, and he playfully tapped me on the arm. 

"Hey, at least we have each other. Plus, now this gives oppurtunity lets me to kill you." He said, and I turned at him, with my face red. He began to laugh nervously, and then raised his arms above his head. "Just kidding!" 

That's how Silius always was. Joking, playful, never serious. He never knew how to  be serious, even as a little kid. He would always throw apples at the neighbors and play in the river bank, never realizing that at any time, his life could come to an end. 

We sat in silence, and finally Oddius spoke up. 

"You will have five minutes to speak with your family and friends. Clocks starting...now! Tick, tock!" He called, and I stared at him in disbelief. As a public figure, he was flamboyant and humorous, but in captivity, he was harsh. 

The train station doors slid open, and my parents rushed in, upset. My mother ran at Silius, and embraced him, and my father stood at the side, unsure of what to do. 

"Mother!" Silius yelled, but my mom just stood there, hugging him. 

"My babies, my sweet babies..." She sobbed, and turned to my father, and began to cry. I cried, not just for myself, but for my parents. It must kill them to know that if they were lucky, only one of their children would emerge from the games. 

"Daddy, I don't want to go!" I cried to him. "I don't want to die! I don't want Silius to die!" I tugged at my green laced dress, and pushed my auburn hair behind my head. My mother then ran over to me, and hugged me from the back. 

"Lucerna, my little Lucy! Don't cry, love, don't cry..." She pleaded, and there was so much going at once, I broke. I wrapped my arms around her and bawled, because I knew this was the last time I would ever see my parents again. 

A bell rang, and the oremus came over to us. "Time to split up." He grabbed onto my parents and showed them the way out, while Oddius and a fit looking woman entered the room.

Oddius cleared his throat. "This is Hecatia. Since Judaea has never had a victor, Hecatia will substitute as a mentor and explain how the games works on the inside. Hopefully, she'll make a good babysitter." 

I glared at Oddius as he stepped out of the station, going onto the train. Hecatia looked around twenty, and she had an anxious expression on. She had deep brown hair, tan skin, and golden eyes that sparkled fiercly. If her plain features matched the way her eyes looked, then she would be beautiful. Unfortunatly, that wasn't the case.

"Hello, my name is Hecatia. Well, Oddius just told you that, so you already know." She gave a nervous giggle. "Sorry, I'm a bit nervous. But I can't be any worse than you guys, right? I mean, you must be a wreck." 

Obviously, Hecatia would be no real help here. Silius walked up to her and shook her hand. 

"I'm Silius, and this is my sister Lucerna. Now please, get yourself together and teach us how to survive." He commanded, and I stiffened. Silius never told someone what to do. He usually went with the flow. 

"We will have plenty of time to do that once we get on the train. Now let's get on it before Oddius takes off without us!" She said. Silius looked at her again, and walked away from her without a word.

Hecatia glanced at me. "Is he always like that?" 

I shook my head. "Never." Hecatia gave me a pitiful smile and walked away, not caring to talk to me. That's how most adults treated me. Silius was sixteen, so he got more respect when he talked, but since I was only fourteen, nobody cared about what I said. 

I followed Hecatia onto the train platform, and looked back. The rest of the city layed behind me, resting on the dusty sand dunes. Judaea was known for its deserty atmosphere, and honestly, I was bored of the desert. Sand, heat, and vultures are not what I would call interesting. 

I stepped onto the train, shooken up. Inside the train, the air was cool and refreshing. Silius had already found himself a spot near the window, and I sat next to him.

"Silius, are you okay? You're acting weird." I whispered, because I didn't want Hecatia eavesdropping. 

He looked at me, with his emerald eyes and blonde hair. He was much taller than me, but he was thin. "Truth be told, no, I'm not okay. When Mom and Dad visited us, I wanted to cry. But I didn't. I didn't cry because I knew if I showed weakness now, I might show weakness later, and I can't do that."

I sat in silence, because I knew what he was thinking. He had to be strong now, because he needed to be strong when he had to kill other tributes. 

_______________________________________________________

Hope you like this chapter! Vote if you like it, and comment on what should be changed or suggestions! Thank you all so much :D