Help

Knuckles woke up to the smell of coffee and toast. He sighed as he realized he was at Amy's house, having refused to move from that spot the night before.

"Good morning, Knuckles." Amy smiled as she walked in with a plate and a mug, setting them both down on the table in front of her couch. "Are you feeling any better?"

"I don't know...." Knuckles sighed, looking down to his lap as he tried to suppress the tears. He sniffled as he looked around the room. "Where's Sticks?"

"She went out to find Shadow." Amy said simply. "You should eat."

Knuckles' eyes widened as he stood up. "She's not going to hurt him, is she!?"

"Knuckles, calm down." Amy said, laying a calming hand on his arm. "You shouldn't care about what happens to him; he hurt you!"

"But I do, and I-I just cant have him hurt, Amy...." Knuckles pouted.

Amy sighed. "Knuckles please just sit down and eat."

"No! I can't! I-If Shadow's hurt, I-I-"

"Knuckles." Amy took more of a demanding tone. "You do not need to protect him when he broke your heart like that."

And with that, the echidna sat down and ate.

______________________________

"Mph!" Sonic tried to shout out, but couldn't. Both his legs and his arms were tied up, and his mouth was duck taped shut. The room he was in was dark, save for one giant, glowing emerald, the color matching his eyes. He struggled in his binds as he looked around, hoping for a way out. He found none.

_________________________

"Have any of you seen Sonic?" Knuckles and Amy turned to Tails, who had just walked in.

"No, why?" Amy asked.

"He's gone missing." Tails said. "I haven't see him since he left here yesterday."

"Well, he hasn't come back here." Amy said, concerned. "Do you think he's alright!?"

"I don't know." Tails replied. "He can normally handle himself, but normally he communicates with me before he does anything."

"What could he be up to?" Amy looked out her window, eyes wide with worry.

"We should go look for him!" Knuckles declared standing up.

____________________________

Shadow banged on his door multiple times, shouting for anyone to help him. Nobody came, of course. He and Mephiles made sure their house was secluded away from anyone else when they had moved to the island. He frowned as he gave up, going through the obvious clue he had that Mephiles would do something like this.

He even remembered the day that Mephiles pushed him to move to the island....

It was a normal day for the red striped hedgehog. He basically hid from everyone because the government was still on the lookout for him. He and Mephiles lived in the forest, and they had very little. At that exact moment he had been talking to his friend, Sonic, through a tablet like communicator Tails made everyone. Sonic, Tails, and Amy had followed Eggman to a far off island and they all settled down there, so Shadow couldn't really see them often.

"I never thought I'd say this, but I really like staying here." Sonic smiled.

"I can tell." Shadow nodded, referencing to the blue hedgehog letting his quills grow out a bit more.

"Heh, yeah." Sonic chuckled. "Oh! You haven't met Sticks or Knuckles yet! Guys, come here!"

"I'm not getting anywhere near yer deathtrap!" A voice of a girl's came from the room Sonic was in.

"It's not gonna kill you, Sticks." Sonic said, slightly annoyed.

Soon enough, two figures entered the camera's sight. One was a female badger with crazy, blue eyes, and the other was a.... red something with sparkling amethyst eyes. Sonic smiled to Shadow. "This is Sticks the Badger and Knuckles the Echidna. They're natives to here. Guys, this is Shadow."

"Hello." Shadow waved calmly to the screen, curious as to what an echidna was. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see his friend, Mephiles appearing from the shadows.

The one named Knuckles waved back, with a smile. "Hi, Shadow!"

"I don't trust him." The badger named Stick glared suspiciously at him. "He looks like some sort of government weapon."

Shadow almost had a heart attack, but calmed when Sonic rolled his eyes and said, "She thinks everything looks like a government weapon. You'll get use to it."

He simply nodded, trying to act calm. "Okay, yeah."

"Maybe you can come over sometime, and we can hang out like old times, eh?" Sonic smiled.

"Yeah, sure." Shadow smiled. "I hope to see you all again, but for now, I have to go. Goodbye."

"Bye!" Sonic and Knuckles replied with sync and Sonic hung up.

Shadow smiled as he put the communicator down and looked to Mephiles. "Sonic has found some new friends."

"Oh really...." Mephiles replied boredly.

"Yeah, a badger named Sticks and an echidna named Knuckles."

"Did you say echidna?"

"Yeah, do you know what that is?" Shadow tilted his head curiously.

"We have to go to that island. Now."

"What? Why?"

"Echidnas are dangerous beings. If your so called friends are working with him, then they are the enemies."

"Knuckles didn't seem that bad though...." Shadow glanced to the communicator.

Shadow sighed as he looked around his room. He should've trusted his instincts at that moment. Then maybe none of them would be in that predicament.

'I should've known that Mephiles was lying to me....' He sighed.

Then, he realized that he still had that communicator. Quickly, he made his way to a small chest in his small closet that really had no other use. He found the communicator and quickly tried to turn it on, calling Tails. No answer.

He tried again, but with Amy.

It took a little while, but there was an answer. "Hello?"

"Amy!" Shadow smiled, relieved.

"Shadow?" The female's voice came through, sounding a bit angry. "How dare you call the old communicator after breaking up with Knuckles!"

"I didn't break up with Knuckles." Shadow quickly said. "Mephiles tricked you. He.... He tricked me too...."

"Wait, what!?" He heard Knuckles' voice in the background.

"Knuckles! You're alright!" Shadow sighed in relief. "That means there's still time."

"Time?" Tails questioned. "What do you mean?"

"Sonic came here to see why too, and Mephiles took him! I'm locked in my room, and I don't know what Mephiles is going to do!"

"We're on our way!" Amy said quickly and hung up.

Shadow put the communicator down and looked to the door. "Please hurry...."