A Better Tomorrow

A/N: Hey guys, trying to write a long one this time. It's been hard finding time, considering (for me, at least) it takes a long time to just write a chapter that's 4 or 5 pages long. Hopefully I'll finish this one quickly! Please comment and vote! <3 Love you all!!

-----------------------------

I was woken up by the sound of my phone vibrating on the nightstand. 

Incoming Call- Alice Eve

"When did I get Alice's number?" I thought to myself. I took my phone and quietly walked outside of the bedroom where Benedict was sleeping. His eyes scrunched and he pouted when he reached out for me and I wasn't there. How cute.

"Hello?" I answered groggily to my phone.

"Bridget? Hey! How's it going?" An exuberant Alice responded.

"Fine, I guess. I just woke up."

"Oh, I'm sorry! Did I wake you? I figured you'd be up, since it's 1:37 in the afternoon." She laughed. "So, I just visited Eric!" 

"Oh nice, how did that go?"

"Awesomely! We're going on a date Friday!" I had to pull the phone away from my ear as she squealed. 

"Nice, nice." I yawned. "Alice, I'm really happy for you and all, but I've got to go wake Ben up and get the day started. Talk to you later, okay?"

"Alright!" She was still squealing. 

I hung up and made my way back to the bedroom, closing the door behind me a little too loudly. "Good morning." A deep voice muttered.

"Good morning merry sunshine." I smiled.

"I love how you say that." He chuckled.

"I love it when you laugh like that. And your eyes, and your lips." I said slowly as I made my way to kiss him. 

We kissed for a while then slowly made our way out of bed and to the kitchen. Ben insisted on making breakfast, considering he loves to cook. "When will Eric be home, again?" He asked me.

"I think around 6 tonight. He and Alice are going on a date in 3 days." I responded.

"Oh? Well, I hope he's not rebounding with her, I don't want her to get hurt." He sounded concerned.

"You never know, he's had a crush on her for so long, maybe she'll help him forget. I'll talk to her on Saturday about it and ask her what she thought, okay?"

"Alright, if you say so."

We enjoyed our lovely omelettes, then made our way back to my room to pack up. We left a few outfits in my cabinet for the few days I was going to stay here. I couldn't leave Eric alone coming out of the hospital in such terrible shape. I hope Alice and Eric's date works out, I'd feel a lot more comfortable if she ended up staying here with him. I could never imagine Eric doing anything to hurt himself, but considering all the shit he's gone through recently, I don't want to leave him alone to dwell on it.

Ben has been so supportive, even about me staying with Eric for the few days I was planning to. He hasn't left my side since the accident. I wonder why he hasn't had to leave for work recently.

"Do you ever work?" I teased at Ben as he drove us to his flat. 

"I'm sorry, would you prefer I ditch you?" He joked back.

I laughed. "I wouldn't ever prefer to spend time away from you."

It took us about 10 minutes to get to his apartment building from my house. He carried my bags for me, no matter how much I insisted on carrying them myself. He's such a gentleman. The elevator we took required a special key card to press the button. I had seen those in TV, when the person had an elevator that went directly into their room.