The Aftermath

A/N: Thank you all for all the reads! Over 100 now :) Please vote and comment! Love you guys!!

-------------------------

"Holy fucking shit." I managed between sobs. I always cry when I throw up. I looked up at Eric, who was wiping the remnants of my stomach off of his shirt and onto the ground. "I'm so sorry." I whimpered.

"It's karma for me telling you all of that shit." He responded. I could tell he was holding back tears. I felt like shit, emotionally and physically. I really wanted to talk to him, but I knew that was a bad idea while drunk. 

"Eric, you were just being honest. Don't be sorry. I don't think this is going to get any better tonight though, and I need to clear my head. So I'm gonna go to bed now." I said, making my way to the bathroom to clean myself up. When I was done, I went into my room and got into some clean pajamas. I grabbed my phone and texted Benedict.

10:17 PM

Hey, I need to get out of the house. Can I stay at your place tonight? -Bridget

10:17 PM

Sure, love. Is something wrong? -Ben

10:18 PM

I don't want to get into it. Can you please pick me up? I can't drive right now. -Bridget

10:18 PM

I'm on my way. Be there in 10. -Benedict

Good, I needed a place to stay tonight somewhere away from Eric. "Hey Eric, I'm going to stay at Benedict's tonight. I'm sorry, I just need some time away from here tonight. I promise I won't tell him what happened." I yelled through my closed door. No response. "Eric?" Still no response. I went out into the living room, "Eric!" I screamed as I saw the terrible scene in front of me. 

Eric was lying lifelessly on the tan carpet with a giant gash on his head and blood everywhere. "Eric!" I cried again as I rushed to my friend. He must've passed out and hit his head on the sharp corner of the wooden coffee table. I held his head in my hands and sang Matisyahu's One Day quietly as I rocked on my knees. Tears were streaming down my face like waterfalls. "Not you too! I can't live without my Watson." I whispered as I sang and sobbed.

Benedict's POV

"I wonder what has gotten Bridget so upset that she needs me to pick her up. Eric's behavior is probably just getting to her. What if something is wrong? I need to hurry." I doubled my speed as possibilities ran through my head. I got there in 7 minutes flat and slammed on the front door. 

"Benedict come in and hurry!" She screamed as though her arm was falling off. I burst through the door to see Bridget covered in blood, but it wasn't hers. Eric was in her arms with a giant gash in his head. "Help me get him up and into my car! We need to get him to the hospital! He passed out and hit his head on the coffee table! BENEDICT DON'T JUST STAND THERE HELP ME NOW!" She was hyperventilating, drunk, and crying her eyes out. Best to do as she says. 

I threw him over my shoulder and carried him to the back seat of Bridget's car. "I guess I'm driving." I whispered quietly enough so that she couldn't hear me. "Let's go." We rushed to Royal Free Hospital and got there in about 10 minutes. "He's been bleeding for a long time..."