Chapter Twenty Four: lub-DUB

“I never thought I would see you again-it’s been so long.” James mumbles the words, as if he was paralyzed.

“No, this isn’t happening…” Today was going fine; I begin to shudder even though I’m in my brand new jacket.

“Jane, it’s been two months-” He takes a step towards me causing me to jerk myself back.

“You’re not real.” It’s just a hallucination, or a dream, I don’t know anymore.

“Oh Jane, What have they done to you?” My knees quiver to the sound of his voice saying my name, so delicately, so perfectly, and so beautifully.

“Please, go away.” I whisper as I squeeze my eyes shut, wake up now… wake up…wake up! My eyes open to see James standing inches away from me.

“Jane.” He grabs my wrist and places the palm of my hand onto his chest.

            I can feel him, his warmth; I can feel it all. The way his heart beats against my hand in a rhythmic pattern,lub-DUB,lub-DUB,lub-DUB. I can hear his heart beat increase volume, lub-DUB, lub-DUB, lub-DUB. Then I feel it, this burning sensation pumping throughout my body.  

“Say my name…” lub-DUB, lub-DUB, lub-DUB. I can still hear it, but it’s not his heart that makes that sound; it’s mine.

“Jane” With that I place my lips against his. The burning sensation becomes replace with a tingling sensation. I pull back immediately.   

“I’m sorry, I don’t know what’s-” James pulls me closer.

“No, I’m sorry.” He urgently replaces his lips on mine.

            I try to fight him by pushing against his strong chest but he’s just too strong. I begin to feel dizzy and lightheaded; my body begins to want him. Slowly my mind gives in and falls into the temptation by body yearns for. I want him. The kiss becomes furiously sensual.  lub-DUB lub-DUB lub-DUB lub-DUB my heart beat increases becoming too intense for my body to handle, suddenly breaking loose from his kiss, I lose control of everything even my eyesight.

            I can see it all, the poison they feed me and that spell that made me forget. James and I, I see it all. The lies, the betrayal, the pain…I see it all. My beating heart slows down. I’ve seen it all…

“James, take me away from this bloody hell.” I gain control and begin to plead.

“Oh how I wish I could.” He places his warm hand on my cheek, warming up my body with his admiration.

“Why not? We could go now.” I urge him.

“A life worth running isn’t worth living.” His eyes become glossy as he chokes on his words.

“I can’t go back.” I begin to quiver at the thought.

“You have to.” He whispers.

“No not without you, I would rather have them put me to sleep again.” My tears begin to run down my face. I try to stop them by forcing my eyelids to absorb them.  

“You don’t mean that.” James softly wipes my tears with his thumb.

“Oh yes I do.” I gasp trying to control my sobs.

“No you don’t, you have to go now.” He ushers me to the door. I stop and turn towards him in clear doubt.          

“Act like nothing happened” I nod my head in agreement. He gently kisses me on my forehead, but it doesn’t make me feel any better. I still have this hole in my chest. I begin to walk inside knowing if I stay any longer I will not leave.

“Jane.” James calls after me causing me to stop.

“Yes?” I ask him.

“I will always be with you now.” He says but his lips don’t move.

“Okay” I respond mentally wiping the tears from my face.

            In the car I want to damage Pedro’s pretty face. I look forward trying to ignore the lure.

“What wrong?” He asks noticing the obvious.

“Nothing just drive.” I demand.

            It stays silent for the rest of the ride into the little town we came from. Throughout the whole ride I fought with my conscience, whether to seriously kick Pedro’s ass. As we enter the house everyone is gather in the living room. Then a sharp pain rises from my neck. I look up to see Pedro sticking a syringe into my neck.

“Sorry Jane.” He says as he injects the clear substance into my neck.

“You’re drugging me again, you’ll all regret this!” My body begins to shut down, and my eye lids begin to feel heavy.

            Jane, Wake up now! Jane! You have to wake up! Jane! Please Jane, Wake up! Wake up!  I hear James’s voice echo in my ears. Jane they’re going to kill me! Jane! Forcefully, I yank out of the pitch black daze. I jump out of the bed.

            I can hear James scream my name. I open the door to two men. They seem as if they are seeing a ghost. Quickly they try to grab me, but even quicker I throw them across the room.

            As I run to the kitchen, people begin to attack me. With a quick movement of my wrist they are pinned against the wall with knifes. Quickly I run into the hallway, even more people begin to attack. One lady throws a smoke ball towards me. The hallway becomes foggy, I can feel their energy. Their energy makes it easy to detect them. Trusting on pure instinct, I begin to run towards James terrified voice. Nudging my hands forward, I hope I cleared a pathway for me.  The smoke beings to fade and a tight grip restrict me from going anywhere. I turn around to see nothing. PEDRO.  He’s holding me- burn bitch burn. A sharp sizzling sound causes Pedro to become visual again.

“Goodnight asshole!” I elbow him- a clear knock out.

“Jane!” James voice calls for me once again.

            Pushing an invisible wall towards the rest of the attackers they can’t seem to break it. I quickly run down the basement stairs thrusting everyone who stops me down them. I spot James tied on the table with a syringe sticking out of his bare chest. My father quickly injects the red substance into him before I can throw him anywhere. NO!

            Everything freezes as James takes his finale breath. He gazes at me as a tear slides down onto the table.

“James!” I run to him. He doesn’t move.

“No!” I sob. My chest begins to ache.

“James Please!” I scream to his lifeless body.

“How could you!” I glare at everyone with tears uncontrollably rolling down my face.

_________________________________________________

 lub-DUB no more. Tell me what you are thinking ;)

COMMENT>VOTE>ADD!                                  

Hope you guys enjoyed it-will be uploading again in maybe two days. :) 

                                                                                                -EvieJT xoxo