Chapter 19

~one month until moving day~

My world was hectic, from packing to quitting my jobs. I hadn't talked Jonny in a month. When Pat and I got drunk I didn't remember anything at all. Pat filled me in on some details that Jonny carried me up in the elevator and that he had stayed with me all night and left before I got up. I had one more month here and I was pulling double shifts at the UC. The nights of games and media events those kind of hell days. I walked in the players' entrance today with Pat and Jonny was sitting on the wall. Meditating or some shit. He looked up when I passed by, his face was unreadable. Maybe a mix of anger and something else?

From the games I saw, and from when I talked to Pat; him and Jonny are trying to be friends again but it's not working well. He said yesterday, "that all Tazer does is get drunk and play." The Penguins were beating the shit out of them right now. Jonny was completely off his game, missing passes, getting stupid penalties, fighting with Pat and Sharp on the bench. I moved closer to the tv in the shop to watch, Pat was bitching about being mic'd up this game and they had the feed on low in the shop. Jonny and Pat had just gotten off shift and were screaming at each other and the refs. I couldn't see what they were saying, but I could see Pat's face as they fought. From the feed in the shop I did hear what they were saying no one else could.

"REALLY TAZER? THAT WAS A SIMPLE FUCKING PASS!"

"FUCK YOU! I TRIED!"

"LIKE YOU TRIED WITH HER?!"

"YES-NO-FUCK YOU! I SAID I'M SORRY WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?! HUH PAT?"

"MEAN IT DAMNIT!"

"I FUCKING DO!" He screamed. Sharp and Saad were pulling them back from each other, Saad already took Pat's stick as he was trying to spear Jonny. "I SAID I WAS SORRY WHEN YOU WERE FUCKING PASSED OUT DRUNK! BUT, HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT? YOU'RE A FUCKING DRUNK!!" Jonny screamed.

Pat's face fell, "Fuck you. Just fuck you Jonny." His voice broke on "Jonny" and he turned away from him and went to the far end of the bench. Coach Q grabbed Jonny by the arm and guestured to the tunnel. He nodded, and headed down the tunnel throwing his helmet and breaking his stick on the way.

~~

The second period was over and Pat texted me what happened, and that Jonny wasn't in the locker room so keep an eye out. I was about to text back, when I heard a knock and the open sign flipping to closed. "Lani?" I jumped, Jonny was standing there freshly showered and worn down looking.

"Why Jonny?" I quietly said, I knew he knew I was talking about his fight with Pat.

"I have no idea why I went there, I'm a douche and I thought we had moved past his drinking habits." He drawled on.

"It's not his fault," I said as I rounded the counter to face him.

"Yea it kinda is."

"Him drinking? Maybe if he had someone to talk to who got it, like a guy. Maybe he wouldn't drink?"

"Don't you fucking pin this on me Lani."

"I am so fucking deal with it, I can't help him with all of his shit. He needs you and from how you look right now you need him."

"Well even if I did, he wouldn't want me anyways."

"I'm leaving in a month. Figure it out by then."

Whatever he was about to say, he dropped his eyes, "This is all my fault, if I never said that shit to you, then he wouldn't hate me, and niether would you."

"When did I ever say I hate you Jonny?" My voice was raising.

"I KNOW YOU DO!"

"NO I FUCKING DON'T. THOSE FIVE FUCKING DAYS WERE THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE, I MISS THEM- I MISS YOU. AND YOU KEEP BLAMING YOURSELF AND CALLING YOURSELF UNWORTHY, BUT I'M THE UNWORTHY ONE. ALL "THAT SHIT" YOU SAID, IT'S TRUE I KNOW IT'S TRUE BUT I DON'T HATE YOU FOR SAYING IT."

"Oh."

"You and your fucking "Oh"s." I laughed dryly, and looked back at him. Jonny was looking at me with those sad doe eyes.

"None of that is true, you know that right? NONE. OF. IT." He said queitly, the fight gone out of him.

I moved two steps closer. He glanced up then, sighed and turned around to leave. I grabbed at his wrist, "Hey," I grabbed his other wrist. So he couldn't leave. I looked up at him, and kissed him. A long slow lingering one. Not a I-want-to-fuck-you-into-a-brick-wall-at-a-club kiss, one that means something. I brushed his cheek and he moaned slightly as I pulled back. His mouth gaped open. "That is the ending of our fights, I swear to god Jonny. I'll see you next game." I brushed a small kiss again, and went to get my replacement for next shift.

my heart goes out to the Trafford and Peverley families. RIP Trafford and get i hope Pevs gets better soon!!! okay so maybe two more chapters and then im writing a sequel!! it will be shorter and i havent planned the plot out yet, but yaaaa gettt readyyy no time table yet.

FIRST COMMENT GETS DEDICATION!! TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS CHAP REALLY IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS SCENE FOR A WHILE! <3 HUGS