Chapter 3: Let the fireworks begin~

INTERLUDE

From A Certain Spy

.

.

.

A few years after rumours of the corpse of a daughter of a noble came to life after being executed by the guillotine circulated.

In the kingdom, a huge crime syndicate has been formed.

The terrifying ability to bring together crime organisations together in one go in just two years. At the summit was said to be a woman whose history was shrouded in mystery.

'Headless Empress'

As one working for a newspaper company in the capital, I secretly continued investigating about her.

And the informant I finally got in contact with said thus.

The true queen has descended

"I've been acting as an informant for a long time. But I don't know anyone as good as that young lady in hiding her thoughts."

"Meaning?"

"Most people, just by looking I can tell. What they are thinking, what kind of history they have, if they are telling lies. That was my speciality."

"That...... is amazing."

"Yeah, that's right, among my colleagues, they keep telling me to change jobs to a diviner. Then I would become famous as being infallible. My observation skills are of that kind of level. ......But only that person is different."

"Different, meaning her thoughts can't be read at all?"

"Nope. Wrong. In fact she is easily understood. When I say that young lady, I thought this 'there's an easy ignorant target'."

"Eh?"

"When I first met her, I thought like that. This person, it's some rich daughter of a noble from somewhere. I don't know what kind of circumstances she has, how should I trick this young lady that casually came along, or maybe I should ransom her, or since she is quite a beauty maybe I should sell her off for money somewhere...haa. Now that I think about it it's laughable, but I had thought her to be such a stupid young lady full of gaps that made me think like that. My long years of experience judged that. That this was an easy target."

"That's......"

"It's now that I know, but that was probably an act. There's been a bunch of things and since now I'm in a position where I'm being used by her, occasionally I meet her but......Even now, I think that when I see her face."

"Think, what?"

"'There's an easy ignorant target'"

"......"

"It's laughable. Even now I still see her as some kind of empty-headed daughter of an idiot noble and knows nothing about the world. Does it sound like the ramblings of a senile old man?"

"N, no, something like that......"

"Oioi. Quite an honest response isn't it. ......Naa, miss spy."

"!?"

"I told you I can tell just by looking. You are probably working for some newspaper company somewhere and disguising yourself if fine, but you are too naive. Is it that? Did you come to confirm the rumors that she looks exactly like that whoever noble lady that got executed a few years ago? Haa~ Recently, the queen having neurosis and the king being mentally unstable also seems to be because of that."