P R O L O G U E

REGINA'S P

REGINA'S P.O.V

Four years earlier...

I gazed at the little teddy bears sitting on the shelves.

Spin and Win.

I just had to go and spin the wheel to get that adorable plushie that was looking at me and crying out, 'Get me. Get me.'

But what a shame, I can't get it. This Spin and Win stall was only for couples and so were all the stalls in this fair, only for couples.

So what was I doing here?

Well, my friend, Lana told me about this amazing fair full of stalls and games with prizes but forgot to tell me about the couple-rule. This fair becomes specific for couples on Saturdays and Lana must've thought that I would bring someone to a place like this but here I am. All alone and sad. I had no clue why she thought I could have a company when she knew about my minimal interaction at school.

I looked up at the night sky and then around the crowded place to see if there was any single girl or even a single man. This was the only way where I could march up to them and ask them to be my temporary date until I get that little teddy with a pretty red bow around its neck but I saw no single soul roaming around except myself.

There's always something peculiar about fairs and their prizes. They take you back to that child phase where you want everything in view. What difference will it make if I get the prize or not? but I have to have it.

I was getting uncomfortable by everyone throwing judgemental looks towards me so I decided to leave. I was never fond of crowded places and had preferred Netflix over this but Lana had forced me to leave my house for once. Mom had to lie about me going for a study group so my stepdad won't bug her about me being irresponsible and childish. I am not even eighteen yet! What am I supposed to do? Get my own house or something? Will that be responsible enough?

I could have gone to a pizza place! Why did I choose this misery?! I had turned away from the Spin and Win when I accidentally bumped into someone

"Dammit."

I turned around to see a man cursing while shaking his hand and right then, I saw that profusing coffee spot on his milk-white t-shirt.

"Are you alright?" I asked him and then he looked up, still wincing.

"I think I've burnt my hand a bit." He said examining his hand.

"I am really sorry." I was immensely embarrassed by my existence.

"No, it was my fault. I was on a call and this.."

"Uh, I still feel I was being clumsy. May I help you with the burn?" I asked as I began looking through my backpack. I knew there was some ointment in there because I had burnt my hand a few days ago and that's why I used to keep it with me.