Princess of the Dark:chapter 7:unpleasant surprises

Okay guys, here's chapter 7. I think this is my favorite chapter so far, because I get to introduce(a little) a new character, I really like him, and I hope you guys do too.

Its not much but Im going on vacation soon and I wanted to at least have a little, in case I dont have any internet.

Thanks, wuv u guys:)

Princess of the Dark:not just another vampire arranged marriage story, i promise;)

After hours of sitting there starring at the ceiling, Amelia heard noise coming from the second floor.

Getting up she washed her face tried to compose herself, not wanting her sister to worry about anything.

Especially her.

Looking at herself in the mirror she could see the fatigue, and the strain that loss of sleep did to her face.

Her usually pale cheeks where abnormally pale. Her sky blue eyes almost appeared to look glazed, and her light blonde hair that lay in waves down her back was sticking all over the place from her tossing and turning restleslly through the night.

She pinched her cheeks, trying to bring more color in them, and then grabbing her empty water bottle, headed downstairs.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs she could hear whispers coming from the kitchen so decided to get it over with and face her sister.

When she walked in the doorway she could see Nicolae had Ellen backed up against the counter and was whispering in her ear, as she was giggling.

"Uggg, you guys! Cant you get on with your PDA somewhere else? I want to eat breakfast and actually be able to hold it down." Amelia complained, halfheartedly. She had always hoped, that her best friend and her sister would get together.

Ellen blushed then pushed Nicolae away, turning to the stove to fix Amelia's breakfast.

Nicolae turned and glared at her, probably mad that she had interrupted them.

Amelia just stuck out her tongue childishly and filled up her water bottle.

Amelia and Ellen's mother had been a human servant girl that the King had been careless enough to knock up, so they were only half vampire half human which allowed then to hold down human food.

Amelia preferred blood, unlike her sister, but she knew cooking brought her sister a sense of peace, so she often ended up eating human food.

Amelia walked over to the fridge and filled her water bottle with the water they kept chilled, ruffling Nicolae's hair as she walked by.

Glancing at Ellen's happy face, and the content look on Nicolae's she gave him a thumbs up.

It had been six weeks since she had escaped from the Kings castle, and she had noticed her sister and her best friend getting closer by the day.

She couldn't help but be thankful for the distraction from her dreams and the ever-present threat that the King would send more people to come and retrieve her.

"Another nightmare Amelia?" Ellen asked softly.

Amelia looked up, a shocked expression on her face, at her sister.

"Oh come on Sis, did you really expect to be able to hide it from me? You dont have to tell me in detail what it was about, all you have to do is shake you head if you are okay."

Amelia shook her head guiltily.

As close as her and her sister were, she couldn't tell her about the dream, about any of them.

She could never tell anyone.

Sipping her water, at the table, close to the door, she was the first one to hear the knock at the door, jumping up she snatched Nicolae's cup of blood and raced to the door before he could take it back.

"Hey! She heard him yell as she raced down the hall.

She was laughing so hard that she forgot to look in the peephole, just flung the door open.

Laughing quietly to herself now she looked at who was at the door, and with a gasp all laughter died, and the cup shattered at her feet as her hand went limp.

"Riordan." She whispered, then slammed the door in his face.

Like it?

Love it?

Hate it?

Please comment, I love them all, even the constructive critisism ones.

Thanks!