7. Cross-Country

✘ ✘

"A bullet?" I asked myself as I looked over the drawing that had came to mind. Yet another event happened because of my not-so-cool but cool powers. Though it came with an intense headache, I think that I possibly herald the catastrophe early enough. Without hesitating, I was already on my cellphone, dialing Scott's number.

"Carson? Hey!" I heard Scott's voice came through the speaker. I felt the pit of my stomach being filled with butterflies as a small smile formed on my face. "Carson?"

"Oh! Scott, I did another drawing." I spoke in a more serious tone as I paced around my bedroom. "It was a drawing of a bullet, but I'm not too sure what it can mean. Maybe it's about someone who's in the military? I have no idea. But, isn't Allison's father a hunter or something? They have lots to do with guns right? Maybe you should call and see if everything's okay with them." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair that was hanging down over my shoulder.

"Actually, I have an idea. I'll text you about it, okay Carson?"

"Okay." I said as I nodded, even though he had no ways of being able to see me.

"Be safe, and whatever you do, stay inside Carson." Scott lastly said before he hung up the phone. I held my phone up to my chest with a little goofy smile playing on my face. Even though this time is gravely important, I still can't help but to think about Scott. Ever since I've been here he's been nice to me, but maybe I'm blowing things out of proportion.

Everyone is nice to the new girl.

It was late at night and I should surely be asleep due to my struggles of waking up at the ass crack of dawn. I wasn't used to waking up that early, but hopefully I won't have to endure it for that long. Aunt Marin and I haven't spoken about the bank, and I'm extremely grateful that we haven't. I'm saving myself from the most awkward conversation and probably one of the most intimidating.

There was a knock at my bedroom door as I pitched out of my skin, looking up at the door with wide eyes. Speak of the devil, and he shall appear. "Carson are you up?" I heard my Aunt Marin's voice sound as my door opened slowly.

"Yeah-" I cleared my throat. "Yeah, I'm up. Just, um- chillin'." I said and almost immediately face-palmed at the choice of my words.

She fully entered the room and took a seat on the edge of my bed, not too far from where I was standing up. I swallowed thickly as she smiled softly. "Hey."

"Hi." I softly greeted her, pushing a few hairs behind my ear.

"So, how were things at the loft that night?" Aunt Marin asked as she watched my actions intently. I scoffed, placing my phone down on my bed.

"We both know that I didn't go to the loft that night, Aunt Marin. Why were you even in that bank with all of those werewolves? You could have been killed, and the fighting! You even knew that there was going to be a fight for crying out loud. Was it you who locked the two werewolves in that vault?" I questioned as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Carson, I told you that I was an emissary, but just not for which pack." She said briefly as I began pacing around again. "I'm an emissary for the alpha pack, with their leader being Deucalion. And technically, I did not lock them in- but I did install the mountain ash barrier that kept Derek and Scott in there along with Boyd and Cora." My aunt admitted.

"You what!" I nearly screamed as I whipped around to look at her with outraged eyes. "You could have gotten them killed! For the love of God, blood was pouring from Scott's mouth as he was being impaled by Boyd's claws! How can you side with people who has such distasteful intentions?" I threw my arms in the air.