4. The Abandoned Bank

After I left, I immediately made my way home so that I could've started my research on those dreams that Isaac had. I ran up the stairs with the keys in my pocket. As I swung the door opened, I was startled by my Aunt holding a huge ancient-looking and dust-coated book up in front of her. " Aunt Marin. " I breathed out as I closed the door behind me. " Gosh you scared me. " I frowned, walking over to play the car keys on the hook.

She smiled at me as she placed the book next to me, " This is a grimoire. In other words- "

"A spell book! Oh my gosh, Aunt Marin! Where did you get this?" I nearly screamed out as I took the book into my lap, flipping through the vast and thick pages.

They were all covered with symbols and words that all related to some type of spell. I then paused, looking over to her.

"Thank you but I can't take this." I breathed out as I handed the book back to her with a slight frown.

My mother never had let me own a grimoire personally. She would teach me some of the more simpler spells, but she wouldn't let me keep one to myself. She was afraid that I might have exhausted myself trying to practice different kinds of spells, knowing how eager I am to learn and cast new spells.

"Carson. You have to take this book. You will need it if you want to learn how to survive. I bet you didn't even know that you could heal those scratches on your neck. Matter of fact, I know that you can't- seeing that you went to Alan for some anesthetics." Aunt Marin said knowingly. She then took a few steps towards me with a calm smile.

"Carson, I need you to trust me on this. You're a powerful young witch who will need to learn a lot of spells so that you will be able to defend yourself. " My Aunt Marin added as she lowered the book onto my lap. "Keep it."

"Aunt Ma-"

"If you have any questions or if you're having trouble on a spell, tell me. I want you to use your power to it's full extent. " She smiled, intentionally cutting my words off as I furiously nodded, a grin overpowering my face. I was extremely happy that I had an actual grimoire that I can own.

How did my mom not tell me that there was a healing spell?

"Oh and Carson?" She called out as my head snapped up, looking at her with a questioning expression. "Don't stay up all night practicing those spells." My aunt warned me.

"Pfft, no problem."

"Carson I'm leaving in about half an hour, where are you?" I heard as my eyes snapped opened.

I groaned as I pressed my hand to my head, swinging my legs to the side of my bed. Just as my Aunt Marin stepped into the room, the grimoire fell out of my lap as I stood up from my bed. She rose an eyebrow, crossing her thin arms over her chest.

"Okay, I stayed up all night. I don't need to hear it." I huffed out, grabbing a shower gel. "I'll be done in 15 minutes! But maybe 30!" I rushed out as I heard my Aunt chuckle.

" Let's not make that a practice, yeah? " Aunt Marin questioned as we pulled up into the school's parking lot. I glared at her playfully.

"It was a one time thing, really!" I exclaimed as we both climbed out of the car, my eyes locking onto Stiles and Scott who were now jumping out of Stiles' blue jeep. I could've heard the doors squeak from here what makes me wonder how long he has had that jeep.