Chapter Thirteen

-------------------------------------

Chapter thirteen

-------------------------------------

"Well, MaKayla, you know how your parents are... Dead, right?" 

I nodded. They've been dead since I was about eight or nine.

"Well, your mother had extraordinary powers."

"Like what?" I head myself ask.

"Well, they vary. But you are quite the same. Do you know how your parents died?"

"Well, yeah. They were on a cruise and the ship got hit by a big wave, and they drowned," I said.

"That's not true," he said.

"Then how-"

"So heres how. Your parents WERE on a cruise, but it's more complicated then that. So your mother and father were in the dining hall. Much like you, people were after your mother. They shot your father. They were aiming for your mother, but they missed. Your mother was so horrified and angry from seeing her husband die, and her powers acted up. It caused a giant tsunami wave to hit the ship, flipping it over. Like your mother, you got powers caused by a physically and mentally emotional moment that scarred you, I guess. For you, it was your sisters disappearance. For your mother, it was the loss of her mother, who died right in front of her."

I was amazed.

"How do you know all this..?" I had to ask him this.

"I am much like you, just I can only see in the past and people's memories."

It was strange. That means.. He knows all about me.

I mean, it was nice knowing that a BOY actually listens, but.. It was just creepy.

I looked at his eyes. His brown eyes... Which were focused on the window, which was covered up, with only a little  crack open so you could see out.

It was amazing how calm he takes this, knowing I was scared as hell.

I mean, right now its not bad to be scared, knowing of why happened to my parents.

"Do you think you know... Where my sister is?" I heard myself say.

"No clue," he said as he was standing up, "now we have to get out of here. They're almost here."

He picked me up- again- and he carried me downstairs. We went out the backdoor, then he ran.