Chapter 9

Rikers P.O.V

When I found out I had mono, I freaked. That only meant that Kendra did too and everyone would find out about us kissing. Rydel dropped me off at the house and I went straight up to my room without saying anything. I quickly texted Kendra and told her what I had. She wasn't answering so I called her. She didn't answer so I figured Rydel will just have to find out.

Later that night, my mom brought up some soup for me.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"I wish."

"Aww. You'll get better soon. I promise."

"Thanks mom."

She kissed the top of my head and got up to leave.

"Eat that and get some sleep. If you need anything, just let me know."

"Okay. Thanks again."

"No problem."

She walked out of the room and shut the door behind her. I looked over to my phone that buzzed moments later.

Kendra-"Rydels on her way back. She knows that we kissed but she said she wouldn't tell anyone about it."

I texted her back saying "Let's hope she's not lying."

"I know she's not. She's not like that."

"True. I'm gonna head to bed. Talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay. See ya."

I was too tired to text her back so I just left it at that. In a matter of seconds, I was sound asleep.

Kendra's P.O.V

It's been a week and I'm finally not sick any more. Neither is Riker. I wonder if anyone suspects anything. I wonder if Rydel told anyone yet. I haven't heard from anyone since the day I got sick. Everyone's been so distant. I decided to get dressed and head over to the Lynch's to see what was up.

When I arrived, their van was gone. I guess I should've texted them. I was getting ready to back up when I saw the front door open. I saw Riker come out smiling. I parked the car and got out of it.

"Long time no see." He greeted me with a hug.

"Yeah I know right. Sucks when you're sick. Thanks for that by the way."

"Oh it was no big deal really."

"Where's everyone?"

"Went to the store. I didn't feel like going anywhere."

"Oh fun fun. Why hasn't anyone texted me or anything?"

"I don't know. The phone works both ways you know."

"Shut up."

Soon the rest of the family arrived a long with Ellington. They were all excited to see me.

"Kendraaaaaaaaa!" Ross yelled when he saw me on the couch. He jumped on top of me and gave me a huge hug. "I haven't seen you in forever"

"Yeah. No kidding!"

"What have you been up to?"

"Recovering from my sickness."

"Oh yeah. I forgot you were sick. What did you have?"

I didn't want him to know about me and Riker. Thankfully Stormie and Mark came through the door.

"Oh hey Ken! How have you been?"

"Better than before."

"That's good. Do you want to stay for lunch?"

"I'd love too!"

And with that, everyone gathered in the kitchen. Nobody mentioned my sickness. I was very thankful for that.

A/N: I'm so so sorry for not updating! I've been very busy with a musical, school, and family things. I promise I will update soon after this one!