Chapter 4

A/N: sorry if this chapter isn't that great. I wanted to get another chapter up since I haven't updated in a while. Thank you everyone who's been reading! It means a lot! 😜

I sat there in awe. The song was really good.

"That was amazing!"

Riker smiled and set his guitar on the ground. "Alright! I don't need to hear how amazing I am!"

"I meant the song dummy!"

"I know. I just like messing with you."

"I found that out a long time ago."

We both sat there cracking jokes and messing around. We heard foot steps coming down the stairs so we quickly hid behind the couch.

"Really? I literally just heard you guys yell hide! I'm not stupid." Rocky said while standing next to us.

"Nice to see you too Rocky!" I said laughing.

"You guys have been down here for a while. Everyone was wondering where you were so Rydel made me pause the game and check on you."

"Oh man. Pausing your game must be hard for you! You just live a tough life don't you?"

"Shh. I'm going upstairs now. You guys are fine right?"

"No actually I murdered Riker. He's a ghost now."

"Oh you're sarcasm is really cute! You've hung around Ellington too much!"

"Well actually, that's my second language. Ellington didn't teach me anything."

Suddenly Rydel appeared behind him.

"Hey! We are ordering a pizza now. Once it gets here do you want to start the movies?"

"I'm cool with that! How bout you Rik?"

"Yeah that's fine. I'll be up there in a minute."

"I'll save a seat for you!" I said getting up and following Rydel and Rocky up stairs.

The pizza got there about 30 minutes later and everyone was seated in the living room. Me and Riker shared the two person recliner, Ross, Rydel, and Ellington took up the couch, and Rocky and Ryland had the floor.

"Okay so we have We're the Millers, The Conjuring, The Internship, The Notebook, and Safe Haven. Which one first?"

"Well I don't feel like crying right now so I say either We're The Millers or The Internship." I said.

"What about the conjuring?" Ross asked.

"Like I said, I don't feel like crying right now."

"You'll have me! You can hide in my shoulder." Riker suggested.

"Alright fine. Nobody scare me in the process!"

"We won't."

Everyone ate and watched the movie. The boys jumped a few times while Rydel and I sat there and laughed at them. We finished the movies at about midnight and ate about half the candy.

"I don't think I've ate so much candy in my life!" Ryland yelled laying on the floor.

"That's surprising!" I laughed.

"Shut up! That wasn't funny!"

"Actually, Ryland. It kind if was." Ross attempted to say.

"You guys are mean!" Ryland got up and went into the kitchen and then came back with a piece of pizza. Everyone just sat there and stared at him.

"What?" He asked.

"You're just..weird." Riker stated.

"So what do we do now?"

"We can play just dance!"

"Ya'll can play! I've danced enough for one day."

I sat back in my chair and watched everyone play. Ross ended up dragging me up and made me compete against him. I ended up winning and then I sat back down. At about 2 in the morning we decided to go to bed.

"Oh Ken!" Rydel said from the bed.

"Yes?"

"The boys want to go shopping with us tomorrow. Is that okay?"

"Yeah! The more the merrier."

"Okay cool! Goodnight!"

"Nighty night."

I layed there staring at the ceiling until I heard footsteps outside of the door. I looked over to where the door was and saw the shadow of someone. I really shouldn't have watched that movie. I watched as the door slowly opened revealing a shirtless Riker.

"What are you doing? You scared me to death!"

"I'm sorry! I couldn't sleep. I didn't know if you guys were asleep or not."

"Rydel is. I'm not though."

"Is it cool if I hang out in here until I get tired."

"Let's go to your room so we don't wake Rydel up."

I got up and grabbed my blanket and followed him down the hallway.

"What time is it?" I asked once we were in his room.

"It's only 3." Riker patted the spot next to him on his bed. We sat there and talked trying not to be loud which was hard for us because we are both loud people.

"Oh. Rydel told me that you guys are going shopping with us tomorrow. That should be fun."

"Yeah. We have nothing better to do. I gotta buy me a cute outfit!"

"Your such a dork Riker."

"Oh and you're not?"

"I never said that!"

"I never said you did"

I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed. I felt my eyes getting heavy as I yawned.

"Well someone's tired."

"Someone should be tired!" I laughed pointing at him. He laughed with me and then yawned.

"There you go! It's about time!"

"Shut up!"

We layed there staring into each other's eyes. Suddenly I found myself looking at his lips. I looked up at him and he was looking at mine as well. He then started to lean in and soon our lips touched. His hand went to the side of my face as our lips moved in sync. That's when I realized I was kissing my best friend. As much as I wanted to continue, I decided to pull back.

"Uh I'm sorry. I didn't me-"

I cut him off. "It's fine. It didn't mean anything right?"

"Yeah. Right."

"Maybe I should go back to Rydel's room and sleep."

"Yeah that's probably a good idea. Again I'm sorry!"

"It's fine Riker! Night."

"Night."

I made my way back to Rydel's room. When I got in there I saw her sitting up in her bed.

"Rydel? What are you doing?"

"I was looking for you. I didn't see you down there and I got worried."

"Oh I'm sorry. I just uh went to the bathroom."

"Ok. That's fine I was just freaked out."

"I understand. Get some sleep. We got a fun day tomorrow."

She layed back down and soon she fell asleep. I layed down myself and thought of what just happened. Did Riker think of me like that?