Education.

If you've studied in Nigeria and have studied/are studying in the UK, then you don't have to be told that the educational system, even though somewhat similar, it's totally different.

First of all, in the UK, education is free, and that is from age 4-18, except of course private schools. Kinda the same in Nigeria though, but then public school wahala (problems) eh . . . hm. In fact, there's just no way you can compare Public schools in England and Nigeria.

No way!

In England, you start primary school from the age of 4 all the way to 11.  From 11 to 16, secondary school. Then you go ahead to do A-levels and AS levels (I'll never understand how that works) or college until 18 years. After that, you choose whether or not to further your education.
It's all ordered here. As in, You know what class you'll be at a certain age.

Not the same in Naija. Firstly, It's not compulsory to start school at 4 years. Some start at an earlier age, some later. So there can be students of different age range in same class. That's where you'll find some old mamas and papas in your class. Those ones that will sit at the back row and be bullying everyone lol

Moving on to methods of teaching in both countries.

Our Nigerian method of teaching is by force. Your teacher will come in the classroom with his/her long cain. "Okay class, stand up and recite your 2 times table". Everyone stands up and starts singing.
Do y'all remember the song for it? Lol

And then, if you dare mess up, you know you're in soup. So you just gotta learn it.

In England, the students are pampered into learning stuff. You'll hear the teacher say stuff like, "oh no, not quite. How about you try again" in the most gentle voice ever. "Let's give it another go."
They are very much aware of the child's emotional well being, their confidence and self esteem. Whereas in Nigeria, we do more of shaming the child when they get it wrong.

Ways of teaching here are so different. It's more practical, more hands on. They concentrate on different learning styles and implement it. Whether you're a visual, auditory or kinesthetic learner, they find ways to help you individually and suit the teaching to meet your needs.
That's why the classrooms have colorful and eye catching displays, with colourful learning walls, that aids visual learning. They can play videos to aid auditory learners. And also let the children make things, (for those that like touch and feel.)
For instance, learning about fractions, they'd let the children make a fraction wall with strips of paper. And they can colour it in as well. That helps them in a way understand more about it.

I think it's really cool actually.

I worked as a teaching assistant in a school, and it amazed me how teachers teach. They have to take into consideration the abilities of all their students. For example, in a class you could have some children who don't know their 2 times table at all, some children​ would know it. Some would know their 2s, 3s, and 5s, and some would know all to 12. Now the teacher has to plan her lesson so that it meets the needs of all of the students. That usually mean she might have to teach a particular topic in three or more different levels. So we'll have like a tray of different colours (red, amber and green) where there are worksheets of different levels so children can choose according to their abilities. Or we go with the terms: mild, hot, spicy, flaming.
Red/mild being easiest, amber/hot is like average . . . You get the idea.

In Nigeria, who knows about any of these stuff? Visual Learner??? Auditory what? . . .

Mtcheww...We all get taught the same thing. If you don't understand. You're O.Y.O (on your own). Only the thought of failing and having to repeat that class would be enough motivation for you to try harder.