Aphrodite's Fury

❄Kaoru's P.O.V❄

Haa...

This mother of mine...

Is strangling me....

Her body weight presses down on my slight eight year old frame and the chill from the freshly fallen snow beneath me stabbed straight into my bones so that despite the lack of air I was shivering hard.

My little sister is standing just a few feet away blubbering loudly unsure of how to help or what to do with herself in general. Though I could hardly hear her begging on my behalf over the spiteful, insane ranting of my mother dearest.

Come to think of it I can barely hear that either. I can see her brightly painted lips moving and twisting and the warmth of her breath ghosting onto my face but the sounds are muted as if I'm under water.

I guess this is an indicator that I'm close to death. It sucks that this weird, chaotic scene is the last thing I see. This whole situation is weird.

An eight year old boy with blood red hair thinly dressed and lying in half a foot of snow with an extremely richly dressed woman sitting on him with her hands in a death grip on his neck, and perfectly manicured nails biting into the skin of his neck and drawing blood, a frantic six year old girl bawling bloody murder next to the scene, all of them barefoot in the middle of winter.

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

Unfortunately for me, no one is around to see it as this drama is unfolding in the wintery forest of one of Gestalt kingdom's ducal houses sprawling estate while the servants inside try frantically to understand why the Master of the house, Duke Verne was wailing and most importantly missing his right eye.

If there was any air left in my lungs I would heave a huge sigh at these circumstances.

The tear stained face of this woman, the 'Duchess' above me with her make up all smeared and runny is really distasteful. It's not like she's crying out of guilt for cold-bloodedly murdering her only son or traumatizing her only daughter either.

Nope.

She's crying for her marriage which is currently so in shambles you could barely call it a marriage anymore.

This woman is convinced that this is my doing.

Yes... Mine... me... the eight year old.

To be fair I suppose that I'm not like any other eight year old seeing as I have the soul of a 39 year old elite business woman.

Yes it is strange that I am currently in a child's body and a boy no less, but that is just how reincarnation works I guess.... actually no. I don't think the way I reincarnated was very normal either.

In my past life I was, ironically enough, strangled to death by my crazed ex-husband. It was winter then as well (I'm beginning to draw similarities between these situations now...).

As I lay sprawled out on my bed in my home clad in my favorite silky bathrobe and my night dress his large hands gripped my thin neck sure to leave garish bruises and his desperate tear streaked face hovered close to mine. Those gorgeous brown eyes of his were looking at me, the victim, as if he was the one being gravely wronged.

My vision faded to black and as my consciousness faded as well. I remember feeling too lazy and sluggish to wonder what kind of afterlife I was headed for. I thought that whether it be heaven or hell there's no helping it now so let me sleep. I then slipped into undisturbed eternal slumber.

........

Or at least I thought I would.

"Oh no you don't~♡"