Chapter Nine : Apology

-NINE-

APOLOGY

                I become conscious but I don’t open my eyes. Even if everything’s black, I know I’m not dead; I’m alive and breathing evenly.

                I twitch my hands, running my hand through the surface of the soft sheets. I tilt my head gently, feeling the fluffiness I recognize by the pillow. I turn side to side, feeling the warmth of the covers on my body.

Could it be possible that I really am dead now? That I’m probably in heaven? I mean, isn’t heaven supposed to feel this soft and fluffy because of the clouds? They tell me that heaven is a really beautiful place so when I open my eyes, could it be I’m here?

I’m dead, oh no. This can’t be good. What about Dad and Grandma! There are still things I want to tell them and questions that they need to answer.

I jerk up, sitting up quickly when suddenly there’s a loud thud, a smashing sound of two objects, and I feel this extreme pain spread over my forehead.

“Ow!” I say along with someone.

I dart my eyes to its direction, putting my hand on my forehead because of the lingering pain, and see Liam holding his forehead too and stepping backwards as he groans.

I stumble my way out of bed on the other direction so that it’s between us as I quickly grab a pillow for defense.

“What are you doing here!?” I hold out the pillow in front of me, hoping that it’s enough to shield me from this monster called The Jerk.

“Ow. You’re a tough one.”

“I asked you a question! And how did I get here? What did you do to me, you pervert!” I quickly take a look at myself to see if I actually have clothes on, which I do. I’m still wearing the clothes I remember I wore today.

“Pervert?! I didn’t do anything to you! How can you say that?!” He says as he turns hot red. He’s now pacing back and forth, unable to remain steady.

“Well, how did I get here?! In my bed!”

“Look, I carried you and—”

“You carried me?!”

“Yeah I did and listen.” He says, stopping for a moment, sounding so calm. “My intentions are clean and you don’t have to worry because I wouldn’t do you in a million years.”

I throw the pillow at him with so much force I thought my arm was going to be thrown along with it but he catches it effortlessly like it’s something done to him every day. “Out. Now!”

I walk around the bed and push him at the back, with both of my hands in full force, as he keeps pulling back, giving me a hard time to do so.

“I won’t! Not until I explain everything to you.” He says, still pulling back stubbornly.

I stop pushing him, realizing that I’m still so tired. My effort of trying to make him go away only lasted at the door of my room which seems so pathetic.

“You don’t have to explain anything.” I say, looking at him in the eyes as I gasp for air, still out of breath with all the pushing. “You’ve said it all already.”

“Look, I’m sorry for what I said back at the shop this morning, okay? I wasn’t really myself and I regret saying those things to you. I do.” He looks at me straight in the eye as I look for a sign of insincerity through it.

“It doesn’t matter now.” I say, pulling back my hair. “I bet Grandma already knows everything about it.”

“Only parts of it.”