Chapter 7: Part 2

Hannah's P.O.V

Clay's hand held mine as we made our way to the front door. His touch eased me slightly, the warmth from him, spreading across my body. It was still summer, even if the break had ended so the air was still warm and hit my face as we got further and further away from my security blanket and headed over to Clay's bike. He squeezed my hand before letting go to pick it up from off of the ground and wrapping his leg over the seat. "Um your seat i guess" Clay laughed gesturing to the handle bars. I grinned at him and sat up onto the bars as he pushed off and we rode off to school. "Clay i swear to god if i fall off this thing!" I shouted over the wind as it whipped passed my cheeks and i clutched tightly onto the handle bars and felt clay tighten his grip over my hands. He laughed at my girly shrieking and sped up. "Jenson!" he was now tipping the bike from side to side shouting "Whoops don't fall, ooh almost got you that time." laughing at me as i shouted "When i get off this thing I'm going to kill you!"

Clay's P.O.V

I could tell Hannah needed distracting and her nerves were eating away at her. She giggled and screamed as i jerked the bike side to side making sure i was holding her hands tightly over the handle bars. I slowed my peddling and felt her grip relax as she closed her eyes and felt the wind on her face. Her hair blew slightly in the wind and she glowed again. She was so beautiful. We pulled into the school car park and i slotted my bike up to park it and chain it to the bars. I pulled my leg off and grabbed Hannah's waste, lifting her off onto the floor before receiving a slap on the arm and a mischievous smile. She turned and looked at the building in front of her and i could tell that she was completely daunted. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder pulling her into me and kissing her cheek. "You got this Baker." I whispered stepping forward with her towards the school, feeling her heart beat rapidly under her top. She put her arm round my back and squeezed gently before walking with me and sighing shakily.

We opened the heavy doors onto the hallway, as one unit instead of two separate people and i had an immense assurance. It was like Hannah was that one half of me that i was lacking, the confident part. I could tell that right now how ever Hannah was not feeling confident and the anxiousness was shivering through her body and in her eyes. I turned my head towards her as we walked and smiled at her, evoking an impulsive one in return that she tried to hide by looking down at the floor. I looked around and saw Jessica and Alex stood by Jess' locker and they turned and smiled at us before looking back at each other with their brows furrowed and looking confused. We passed a lot of people who had the same happy confusion spread across their faces at the sight of us together and i moved my arm as we got to her locker.

Hannah's P.O.V

Our entrance into school was overwhelming. I felt everyone's eyes on me as i walked passed them. Crawling over my body like spiders. I knew it was all in my mind and imagination but i couldn't help but shake nervously at my lack of self confidence at this moment. Clay looked up at me smiling, calming me down and making one light up on my own face again. He always new how too do that. We got to my locker and i pulled out my book for communications class, a lesson that Clay and i luckily shared. I closed my locker and grabbed Clay's hand as we headed to the classroom. I could feel the urge to pee alerting me to go to the bathroom before class started. "Clay i have to use the bathroom." "Yeh sure i'll just wait outside" He said as we walked over to the bathroom doors. Everyone was vacating the hall, it emptying more every second as everyone hurried off to their respective classes. I left Clay outside and went into the bathroom.

Clay's P.O.V

I let go of her hand as she walked alone through the bathroom door. I looked around the hall that had practically been deserted when i was alerted to one very familiar sound. I could hear Bryce's voice walking up the corridor with Zach Dempsey. I felt the tidal wave growing again, the white mist falling and clouding my judgement. Bryce caught my eye and did a double take. "Ah Clay my man!" He said walking over to me putting out his hand for me to shake. I didnt shake his hand. I wanted to rip his whole arm of his body. He sensed my hostility and i could feel him growing awkward "Um okay. What are you doing waiting outside the girls bath?" He sad eyeing the sign on the door and then looking back at me. I didnt say anything, the rage bubbling inside me like an over flowing sauce pan. "Oh is Hannah in there?" He said grinning and biting his lip and staring at Zach suggestively before trying to open the door of the bathroom. "What the hell do you think your doing?" I shouted standing in front of the door looking up at Bryce who was much larger than me. "Agh Clay, come on man. He said trying to get in again. The pot had boiled over, the wave had crashed and i was now blinded by the mist. I threw Bryce back sending him crashing into the lockers behind. "You stay away from her you sick piece of shit." I screamed. The noise echoing in the corridor. I ran over to him throwing a hard and thick punch into his face making him stumble. "What the hell Clay?" Zach shouted running over to Bryce. "Nah its okay Zach" Bryce said stretching back up and smiling sickeningly he lunged out towards me and grabbed my neck pulling me to the ground. As he did this a classroom door opened and Justin Foley walked out texting on his phone. He looked up and spotted Bryce on top of me. "Bryce what the hell dude!" He said running over and peeling him off me. I shot back up punching him again as Justin held him. "You ever touch Hannah again you disgusting rapist, and i swear-" Justin cut me off "What?" He sounded angry now too, looking Bryce up and down. "You raped Hannah too?" He was shouting now, the echoes around the halls growing louder. I looked away for a second and when i looked back up Justin had Bryce by the throat and was pounding his face, blood dribbling from his nose down his cheek. I heard the bathroom door creak as Hannah stepped out and froze at the site of Bryce. Justin had stopped and let Bryce go. Bryce looked over at Hannah like she was nothing. Like she was property. He felt up her body with his eyes, groping her without even being near her. I couldn't help it. I punched him again and this time he didnt smile. Bryce had had enough. He got up and charged over, pressing me up against the wall punching me repeatedly yet the only thing causing me pain was the sound of Hannah screaming and crying behind me. "Walker! Walker get off him right now!" Mr porter had heard the noise and was now marching over to our congregation in the hall.'