attitude as actions

Charlie^^^^

Being a Domme is as much a matter of attitude as actions.

---------------------------------------------

Mon. April 28, 1990

Georgia, to me, has the hottest weather l know of. The humidity being the worst part of it. What could be a pleasant 80 degree day anywhere else here could feel like 100 degrees of living hell. Living in the center of the state as I do only makes things hotter.

On a day like today there is only one place that would make me feel better. It is a three hour drive to old cobblestone streets of Savanna, and the beautiful white sandy beaches of Tybee. You don't feel the humidity so much there. In heat like today, thats all I can think of now.

Most of my late teen years were spent on those beaches. My best friend Cindy and I made sure we took that three hour drive every weekend for both our junior and senior year of high school. At the time our tan was top on our 'must have' list. Not to mention the abundant young men on hand to enjoy.

Now at twenty one, I find myself hiding in the shade of the open bay door my dad's auto repair shop. It is nearing May, and even in the shade you can still feel the burn of the suns rays. It is the end of a long Monday, and I am watching traffic as it passes by the shop. I just have to wait for my last customer of the day before I can head home.

This shop has been my family's business for more than seventy years. It all started with my granddad Charlie Lane Reese II. With his years of working as a share cropper on his father's farm. He learned that you get nothing in life without alot hard work. He opened up the shop just after he was honorably discharged from the army. He made his profits to support his wife and son.

The same son that has ran the shop for the last forty years. My dad, Don Reese, raised me to love cars. He made sure that I knew family came frist, and this business was the lifeblood of that family. It's now my turn to take over. My name is Charlie Lane Reese III. I was named after my granddad he was a great man. I am proud to share the name with him. Though he and I did not always agree on a woman's place in this family.

I still remember how he and my dad fought over my place in the world.

"She should be at home with Lucille. Learning to cook and keep a house! That's her place!" I could hear my granddad shout at my dad, from the top of the stairs where I was hidden. The sound of pots banging in the kitchen let everyone in the house know that Lucille, my grandmother, did not agree with him. I had to cover my mouth to hide the giggle at her reaction.

"Dad she is only twelve, and her place is wherever she wants it to be. She a natural at repairs and enjoys working in the shop. I want force her to be something she is not!" My dad has always fighting for me. Even with the woman that gave me life.

The only problem with me taking over the business was the fact that I am a woman. In this small southern town men ruled. They held most of the jobs of power. The only place for a woman was in the kitchen, bare foot and pregnant, and that was not for me.

My dad raised me to be independent. He also gave me the love for working on cars. I got most of my looks from him too. Like him I was taller than most my age. My 5' 11' hight made most men look the other way. None wanted a woman as tall or taller than them. I had his dark hair and olive skin tone. The only thing I got from my so call mother was my green eyes.

Now he thinks I am ready to take over the shop. We both expected the business would suffer because I was in charge. Not many men in town wanted a woman knowing more about cars than them.

His plan was for him to retire without our customers knowing. He would just spend less and less time at the shop until he was no longer needed. By then I would be in full control. I just hoped my temper would hold out long enough for that to happen.