Doubts

Shockwave paced back and forth within his laboratory, truly worried now. He had called for Solis Arcana to come and meet him in the laboratory to continue with her medical lessons, but she hadn't come. He had searched everywhere for her before he thought to check the security footage and saw her leave the facility. He had immediately sent a squadron of Eradicons out to search for her.

The scientist paced the length of the lab in worry. Something that he would refuse to admit to, had anyone ever pointed it out. Worried wasn't something he did.

Shockwave ceased his pacing, venting heavily. The young femme had been effectively softening him, and upon realizing it Shockwave had become cold to her. Something he had never truly realized. Call it a defensive maneuver if you would.

Venting heavily, Shockwave willed himself to sit. It didn't take long before he was back on his pedes, pacing and running all of the possible outcomes that would coincide with Solis' departure. She could've wandered into the areas where toxins filled the atmosphere. She could've triggered many of the remaining traps littering the land, leftover from when the war raged across the planet. She could've alarmed one of the Insecticons serving as Megatron's lookouts... The scientist stilled. If that happened...

Hearing approaching pedesteps, Shockwave looked up as Solis entered the laboratory, closely followed by the Vehicon S3th.

"Solis!"

The femme looked up as her caretaker approached her, shrinking back and staring down at the ground between her pedes, aware of the fact that she had crossed a line with the big mech.

Shockwave grabbed Solis by the shoulder struts, ignoring the femme's wince at the intensity of the grip. "Why did you leave the facility? I have warned you of the dangers many times before." The scientist's voice was clipped, cold.

Staring at the ground, Solis fought the lubricants welling up in her optics as Shockwave gave her a little shake. "I'm sorry." She whispered, cutting off the behemoth's rant.

A singular red optic fixed on the crimson femme, and Shockwave noticed her expression... Oh.

Venting heavily, the scientist eased his grip, at a loss. Solis was very obviously upset. Something that he had never seen from her before. Even as a little 2 vorn old sparkling, Solis had never had such an expression before...

Shockwave didn't even think, and he was actually glad of the fact as he wrapped the youngling in his arms, the movement slightly awkward until he had her pressed against his chassis. "I worried for you." He stated simply. It was illogical, but it was the only way he hoped to ease Solis.

Solis was surprised at the action, clinging to the scientist as she bit her lower lip component, fighting the tears with a ferocity previously unknown to her. "I'm sorry, Shockwave... I'm so sorry."

Nodding and silently accepting the sincerity of Solis' apology, Shockwave dismissed the Vehicon watching nervously a little ways off. When the vehicon hesitated, Shockwave cast it a glance, which set him into motion, the lithe purple mech quickly exiting the lab.

Taking Solis' servos in his own, Shockwave frowned at the fresh wounds on her digits. "What happened?" He demanded, feeling vaguely concerned of what Lord Megatron would say if the wounds scarred.

Solis worried her lip component as she shook her helm. "I-I don't actually know." She responded, noticing the scientist's expression, causing her to vent heavily. "I was in recharge when S3th found me... I don't remember doing anything to cause this."

Shockwave's engine rumbled softly when he noticed how Solis knew the designation of the Vehicon. Yes, Solis had always been around the Vehicons when she was young, and even now she still wandered off to the barracks... He just felt that he should watch that particular one. "Perhaps you inhaled some toxins." He supplied as an answer, not further elaborating as he pulled her along to one of the berths. "Sit."

Once certain the crimson femme was comfortable on the berth, Shockwave moved over to the medical supplies, picking up a pack of static bandages and polishing cloth before returning to her side.

Ignoring the fact that he was being too soft, Shockwave decided that he could indulge, just this once, as he slowly began to clean Solis' digits off.

Working silently, the scientist found himself briefly wishing Solis could have had a normal life. It was something he had thought of often enough when the femme had been a sparkling, but he hadn't thought of it for vorns now, leading him to squash the thought before it could take root. Solis was meant to be Lord Megatron's bondmate. Nothing more, nothing less. She would have everything her spark desired, would want for nothing...

"Thank you." The femme murmured softly as the last static bandage was put in place.

Shockwave only nodded and stood up, turning away... Lord Megatron would care for Solis. Things like this would never happen again... But why then, did it feel so wrong?