Humble Beginnings

Shockwave stood out on the crumbled and destroyed flight deck of the secret lab that he had been working in for centuries. He watched silently, the crimson sparkling in his arms as Megatron flew off into the darkening skies, heading back for Kaon no doubt.

Looking down at the small, whimpering sparkling, he shook his head. "It is illogical for me to raise you." He said in his monotone as he turned and walked back into the lab. "Watching a sparkling and doing my work will be difficult, but not impossible." He said, more to himself.

Entering the lab, Shockwave sent a comm to Ruster, calling him to come to the lab as he set down the sparkling on one of the berths... The cleaner one.

At the touch of the cold berth, the sparkling began to cry and scream, but Shockwave ignored it, offlining his audios as he waited for Ruster to come.

After several clicks, the rusty coloured mech came into the lab, looking over at him. "Yes, sir?" He asked, coming to stand across from him, wincing at the volume of the femmeling's shrieks.

"Have you disposed of Elita?" Shockwave asked, absently petting the sparkling's helm, although not gently, as he charged his lazer canon.

Ruster nodded once. "I have." He answered, offlining his audios as well.

Nodding, Shockwave looked up at him, pointing the canon at his chassis. "Then I have no further use for you." He said, firing.

The other mech stood for several moments, a smoking hole in his chassis, before his optics darkened and he slowly fell first to his knees, then forwards onto his stomach.

The sparkling's cries had faded away now, and Shockwave onlined his audios again, looking down at her as she stared towards the place the rusty-coloured mech had been standing only moments before, blue optics wide with what looked like fear and confusion.

Picking up the sparkling again, Shockwave ignored that it seemed to be in the need of comfort. "You will soon understand what happened." He told her as he walked over to his lab counter, setting her down. "But right now, we will need to take care of those optics." He added.

The red sparkling trembled atop the cold counter, little pedes and servos shaking as she looked up at him now, in shock and therefore, silent.

Shockwave put some things around her to keep her from sliding off as he walked over to some of the chemicals. He could choose any optic colour he wanted and give it to her, using chemicals to change it, but he wanted a colour that would go well with her... The blue was nice, but no doubt Megatron would prefer that they be changed.

Glancing back at the sparkling, Shockwave decided that he would have to name her, so, after some thought, he went with the most logical choice. Megatron had once named himself after Megatronous, so why not name the sparkling Solis, after Megatronous' crush on Solus prime? He added Arcana after it, realizing that it was strange to be naming the daughter of a Prime after a prime.

Shockwave went back to the chemicals, looking over at her. Her faceplate was white, so white wouldn't be logical. She was red, and therefore, red would only become too much. She did have those branching streaks of pink biolights around her left optic... Maybe he could change that optic to pink as well, giving the impression that the biolights were what had decided the optic colour... But then the right optic?

Thoughtfully, Shockwave took the chemical that would change her optic to pink, looking at her as he tried to think of what to dye the other one too.

She did have faint purple on her, but pink and purple wouldn't look right. Finally, Shockwave decided to dye the one optic pink, and leave the other blue... She looked nice with blue anyways.

Walking over to her, Shockwave encased the body with one clawed servo to keep her from moving as he brought the injection to her optics... He knew that she would probably start crying again afterwards, so he offlined his audios again in preparation for that happening.

Shockwave finally stuck the needle in between her optic and the skin, injecting it into her optic where it would work at changing the colour.

Solis' arms flailed and she squeaked before going into a full-out cry, screaming and flailing her limbs as he pulled out the needle and set it aside, leaving her on the table as he went looking for low-grade energon.

Looking around, Shockwave decided that, with the low supply, he would have to have Starscream recruited to start hunting down energon for him. It would also help with his work on the spacebridge if he had more energon... Nodding, Shockwave decided that he would do that later. For now, he had enough.

Venting, Shockwave came over to the sparkling that continued to cry and thrash her limbs from the pain of a broken bond and then the pain of the injection.

Shockwave vented as he picked her up, getting an eyedropper and the low-grade energon he had managed to find, sitting down with her in his lap, sucking up some of the blue fluids and putting the tip of the dropper to her mouth.

Solis stopped squirming and screaming, tasting the energon, she settled down and began to suckle at it.

The massive purple mech watched her with his optic as she sucked out the energon, and he pulled it away, getting more into it before bringing it back to her lips, onlining his audios now.

Shockwave was surprised when the sparkling placed a tiny servo over his large one, gripping one of the claws as she tried to keep sucking the empty dropper, making little noises as she sucked at it.

There was a moment of reverie as Shockwave looked down at her and she looked back up at him, her bluish-pink and blue optics looking up at him.

Breaking the reverie, Shockwave pulled his servo away. He knew enough that the femmeling would probably see him as a surrogate sire... The thought annoyed him as he continued to feed her until she fell into recharge, leaning against his chassis.

Shockwave looked down at Solis as she recharged before getting up and putting her back on one of the medical berths, stacking stuff around her so that she could not roll off.

"Goodnight Solis." He said gruffly before turning and walking away.