Secrets of Cybertron

(A/N: Thanks for reading! I'm hoping to update this story faster since all the chapters are up and waiting! ^^ Please tell me what you think! And for those that have asked, Restricted Love will not be updated till this story is done. This story is the prequel to that one, and I'd like for people to read this one first to help them understand. Cheers!

~Dr. Z)

Solis crept down the length of the hall, spark pulsating rapidly in her chassis as she tried to make each pede fall as quiet as possible, multi coloured optics wide as she listened for any sound that would signify she was being followed.

Glancing back over her shoulder strut, Solis checked for what must've been the quadrillionth time, for any signs she was being followed, delicate servo trailing along the wall to help guide her in the gloomy darkness of the dimly lit hall.

Solis had seen many others take this hall before she had mustered up the courage to do so herself, 14 vorns or so after she had first come into Shockwave's care. She was tired of hearing stories and receiving from the vehicons. This time, she would see and take for herself.

There was a glimmer of light further into the gloomy darkness, and the femme moved a little faster towards it, servos collecting dust from the walls as she started to run now, feeling air run over her plating, the air around her becoming colder and icy in her vents, but that only increased her excitement.

Reaching the faint light now, Solis slipped around the crumpled metal blocking the doorway, stumbling over debris and nearly losing her balance.

Venting softly, Solis turned and looked up, optics widening and her mouth opening in a small "o" shape. "Wow..." She gasped in awe, optics taking in her surroundings. The sky was dark, at least, she was certain it was the sky from what the vehicons had told her. It was cold. Colder than she had first thought it would be, but not enough to make her retreat back into the science facility.

Looking up to her left, Solis felt she'd explode with excitement and awe. That had to be a spaceship! Like the holographs S3th had shown her in secret. The femme smiled fondly at the thought of the vehicon. S3th loved to show her new things, he was even teaching her about things she had never heard of. Primes, wars, the Golden Ages. Everything. Everything Shockwave neglected to show her...

Solis shook the thought of Shockwave out of her processor. Shockwave had always been cold to her, sharp and to the point. Dismissive of anything she tried to achieve. For as long as she could remember, Shockwave hated her. She was sure of it.

Settling down from the first major high of excitement, the red femme began to make her way out into the great unknown... There was so much destruction, but Solis had been prepared for that. S3th had told her all about the war, and what it had done to her planet. Told her of the sea of rust, vector sigma. Speaking of which... That was something she would've liked to see.

Laughing softly to herself, Solis hopped over rubble and debris as she navigated the dangerous streets of Cybertron. She was certain she, Shockwave and the vehicons were all that was left to inhabited their dead homeworld, so she was certain there was nothing to fear.

Solis hummed an old melody, another thing she had learned from S3th, to herself as she walked amongst what had once been a great city. The femme was taking in everything she could through all of her sensors, but then something shiny caught her optics... Or more, one of her optics. Namely, her left one... The one surrounded by the mutated biolights, the pink of them tinting the white of her left optics slightly.

Turning towards it, Solis cried out in surprise, backing away and tripping over something to land hard on her aft. The mech, standing several feet away, glanced at her with what seemed to be amusement before he turned and began to wander off.