Darkness

Bariah’s P.O.V

~December 8, 2013~

                “Hey Niall!”

                “Hey Bariah, how’d your competition go?”

                “Great, I got first runner up and both groups got first overall.”

                “So much craic; good job!”

                “Thanks Ni, anyways, I was just calling to see how Nala was doing.”

                “Oh yeah, she’s doing fine! When are you guys getting back?”

                “We’re leaving for the Frankfurt airport after dinner in a bit and Frankfurt is a few hours away but we probably won’t get back until around four in the morning.”

                “Damn, well Allie and I will be there to pick you guys up anyways, want me to bring Nala?”

                “If you would please?”

                “No problem, see you guys soon, tell Louis we have an interview Tuesday would you?”

                “Sure, see ya later.”

                “Bye.”

                I pressed the ‘end call’ button and placed my phone down the coffee table. “How’s Nala?” Carter asked as she sprayed her hair generously with hairspray. “Niall said she’s good, I love your dress by the way.” I said taking in her black skater dress with awe. “Thanks but I love your outfit more! It’s totes adorbs!” She squealed with an American girl accent.

                “Please never do that again.” I whined rubbing my temples but then laughed at her giggle. “Listen to her Carter!” Louis chimed as he  walked out of the bathroom, finally getting done with his hair. “Took you long enough Lou!” Carter chastised him poking him in the chest and he pretended to be hurt.

                I laughed at the two as I sprayed the ends of my hair with sea salt spray and scrunched it, causing light waves. I grabbed a rat tailed comb and pulled the sides of my hair back, clipping it with a bow before adding a little bit more salt spray.

                I then pressed on my nails with force, willing them to stay considering they were press-ons, granted they were nice, I just didn’t want to get them painted again. I sighed and grabbed my wedges, the pair I wore to Jack and Finn’s party a few weeks back; my favorite pair, and slipped them onto my feet before securing the ankle strap.

                I checked my makeup in the mirror mounted on the wall one last time before telling Carter to hurry up. She just needed to put earrings in but I didn’t want to be late. “Bariah, can I use your lipstick?” She asked searching her makeup bag frantically, not being able to find her own.

                As an answer, I handed her mine and she quickly applied it before setting it down on the coffee table. “Aren’t you going to be cold?” Louis piped up as he poked Carter’s bare arms but she shivered and said, “I have a coat you dumbass.”

                I chuckled at the both of them before tucking my blouse into my skirt neatly before opening the door and walking out of the room, leaving those two there bickering over something pointless. “Come on you guys, quit fucking around!” I hollered causing them to come out of the room in cursory.