Berlin

Bariah’s P.O.V

~December 6, 2013~

                I shot up in my bed and started breathing heavily. I wanted to burst into tears, I haven’t had one of those in a long time, and last night triggered it? That’s just odd. I put my head in my hands and took a shuddery breath before I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders.

                I didn’t even care who it was, I just leant into their side and started hiccupping, sniffling and choking on my tearless sobs. I could tell it was Louis once he fully hugged me; even after not hugging him for a few years, I can still tell it’s him because I was in this position most of our friendship.

                “Shh, it’s okay. She’s gone, I dealt with it.” He whispered in my ear soothingly. I pulled away, embarrassed for doing this, even though I didn’t cry, I hate for people to see me upset anymore. I try so hard to hide it.

                “I’m sorry.” I said and contained myself quickly before looking at the clock; it’s three thirty in the morning. “Why are you up?” I asked standing up from my bed. “I wasn’t going to go to sleep until you woke up again.” He said with a small smile and I frowned; I was getting too comfortable with him too quickly.

                “Well thanks; you can go back to your house now.” I said and walked over to my closet to find some of my clothes missing. “Carter and I packed your bag last night so you wouldn’t have to this morning.” Louis said and frowned before standing up, “And I’m going with you guys.”

                I stopped and stared at him, “Why?” “I’m taking every chance I get to prove it to you that I’ll be here for you whenever you need me and considering what happened last night; and that I let it happen, I’m not going to waste a few days.” He answered solemnly looking at the floor and then glancing back up at me.

                I rolled my eyes and crawled back into my bed, trying to get some peaceful sleep for once. “If you need me I’ll be on the couch.” Louis said, hurt evident in his voice. “Just stay up here.” I said and moved over to the other side of the bed, turning my back towards him. “Thanks.” He said, his voice now cheery and bright.

                I just mumbled something as I felt the bed dip down next to me.

*

                My eyes fluttered open and I felt my head on something hard, definitely not a pillow. I realized my head was on top of Louis chest and my arm was slung over his midsection. His arms were both wrapped around my shoulders, holding me securely.

                I sighed, not wanting to wake him up; I just stayed there, breathing softly. My head went up and down on his chest, following a rhythmic pattern. “You know I’m awake right?” Louis mumbled in his raspy yet still higher morning voice.

                I felt his chest rumble as he chuckled before removing his arms from my shoulders. I detached my body form his and sat up. “What time is it?” I asked stretching my arms and back, they’re really tense. “Uh only six-thirty four.” Louis said yawning and my eyes widened in horror.

                “Fuck! Get ready! Our flight leaves in two hours!” I chastised and began grabbing an outfit that was still in my wardrobe. I grabbed my grey, ‘The Streets of Europe’ jumper and ripped skinny jeans. I went into my closet and got dressed in there quickly before grabbing my grey Canvas’ and sliding my feet into them.

                I came back out into my room and threw my hair into a messy bun and did minimal makeup to see Louis looking at me with an amused smirk. “Don’t look at me like that; now come on Tomlinson!” I shouted and saw my luggage, packed courteous of my best friend and uh, acquaintance.