four. » the beach.

a s h t o n

“She said yes because I was annoying her.” I smiled passing the ball to Calum.

We were in the Australian beach and we were about to play a game of soccer.

Calum’s and Michael girlfriend didn’t want to play because they thought it was disgusting.

“Are you sure you don’t want to play?”

The two girls shake their heads.

“We need to get our tan, Ashton. So can you please get out of the sun?” Katie, Calums girlfriend, answers.

“I’ll go.” Penny blurts out, closing her book.

“Really?” I jump happily.

She rolls her eyes, annoyed.

She takes the soccer ball from my hands, and kicks it. Hard.

“Come on pretty boy. I’m gonna beat your ass.”

.

.

“I told you we would win! Ha, la-di-da. We are the champions, my friend.” She high-fives Michael.

Calum and I just lost to a girl.

“H-how?” Calum stutters.

“I’ve been playing soccer since I was five, you guys. Since I’m the only child, my dad was the one who showed me the beautiful art of soccer.” She smiles, tucking in a loose strand of hair.

I look at her and I just realized this was no ordinary girl.

She was different from all the girls I’ve fucked (and I’ve fucked a lot).

“Wow, nice Bloom. Maybe you should join the soccer team this year.” Michael suggests.

“Maybe. Who knows?”

“Hey, speaking of soccer, Preston is having a party in his house tomorrow night and he said everyone is invited so I was thinking you and Penny should go.” Calum grins.

“Penny?” I turn to Penny, who was cleaning her glasses.

“Uh I don’t know. I’ll think about it.”

.

.

p e n n y

“So tell me a little of yourself, Irwin.” I sigh, laying on the towel looking at the sunset.

I’ve never been this late at the beach, and I can’t but stare in awe at the beautiful beach.

Ashton doesn’t respond.

“What? Everyone has a story. You’re not just the pretty bad ass prick, that happens to get really good grades and that has fucked up every girls virginity. Plus the boy who was dumped by popular Taylor.”

“Wait, how do you know Taylor dumped me?” He ignores my other comments.

“I can sense lying, Irwin. It’s my sixth sense. I know you were lying and you’re lucky your friends are stupid enough to believe you.” I scoff.

“Okay, makes sense. But there isn’t much to cover. I have parents who pressure me and an annoying younger sister, Mia. I secretly play the drums since I’ve been young,” He pauses.

“Please don’t tell anyone I said that.”

“Lips are sealed, pretty boy. C’mon, I have to go home.” I start to stand up, feeling Ashtons eyes on me.

“You’ll get flies in your mouth if you don’t close your mouth, pretty boy.” I smirk, walking to his jeep.

.

“Well thanks for that weird day.” I say, taking off my seatbelt.

He smiles, cheekily and I notice he had dimples.

“Huh, you have dimples.” I blurt out.

He laughs. “Uh yeah, I guess I do.”

“Well bye, Irwin.” I hop off his jeep.

“Bye Bloom.” He pretends to tip his hat.

++++

can i just say ya'all are amazing. like wow, thank you for all those lovely comments. wow and its now on number 258 thank you.

well now I think I'm gonna have a double or triple update idk. and barbara on the side bc she is penny! thank you all.x

dedication to fluorescents bc her comment made me smile and laugh and wow.

vote, comment, and share.