one. » the proposition.

a s h t o n.

"Hey Ashton!" Calum high fives me as I put my keys in my pocket.

It was the first day of senior year, which meant one more year of hell and I can finally be free.

"How was your summer? I mean how was barbie." Michael asks, walking towards his locker.

"She was amazing, but I dumped her. She got boring."

But actually, I never broke up with Taylor. She fucking dumped me a couple of days ago with her usual 'this isn't working anymore' but she ends up breaking up with me because she found another guy in Florida.

I take off my sunglasses and open my locker, hearing a groan.

Closing my locker once again, I see a girl I've never seen before.

Her brown hair was swept up in a braid and she was wearing a loose Beatles t-shirt with a pair of shorts that made her legs look wow. Her blue eyes were covered by those ridiculous glasses.

She was rubbing her forehead, wincing.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay. I was just washing away something." She motions to her locker.

The only words left on her locker was virgin.

I recognized the handwriting. It was Calums.

I keep looking at her while she continues to scrub her locker.

"Are you going to continue to stare at me, Irwin?" She asks, still scrubbing.

I walk away, speechless at her question.

.

"Who's the girl that you wrote virgin on?" I ask, sitting down next to Calum and Michael.

That girl has been in my mind throughout the whole day and I didn't even know her name.

"Oh, virgin. Her name is Penny Lane Bloom. After The Beatles song. Why, is she your next victim?" Michael wiggles his eyebrows.

I shrug.

Penny Lane Bloom.

"Does someone have a crush already?" Calum teases.

"No, I just wanted to know her name. And please, she's too dorky." I reply.

"You know what, I have a proposition for you: I challenge you to turn miss Penny Lane into the Homecoming Queen, which means you have to make her the most popular girl in school. And you know it's held by Barbie." Calum smiles.

"Calum..." Michael warns. I put my hand up, silencing Michael.

"You got yourself a deal, Hood." I shake Calums hand, grinning.

I have four months to make Penny Lane Bloom mine.