Ambush and Agressive Establishment

I will start work on another PJO story soon. Still working on plot ideas though.

Thanks again, and now, on with the story!

Third Person PoV:

Somewhere near the Appalachian Mountains

"The scent is strong. We are close," Artemis said to herself. She and the hunt had searched for Percy and monsters for about a week now. They had fought against a small army of Narans, the dark-skinning winged creatures. They were good warriors, but the hunt had won with their skill in archery. Artemis tracked strong scents across the country from Montana, all the way to the Appalachian mountains. She also smelt traces of salt-water along the way, which she knew meant that Percy had been there. The hunt had made its way until they were here, in the Appalachians, the scent stronger than ever.

Artemis rose from her kneeling position, scanning the wooded area around them for any unusual signs.

"Girls, stay on your guard. We are nearing danger, that I know," she said to the hunt. Thalia drew her bow, keeping an arrow knocked and ready. They started after the moon goddess, until they heard one of the hunters say something.

"Milady, look what I've found!" Phoebe exclaimed. Artemis rushed over to the big hunter, taking in what was before them. There were slash marks, like talons, against the tree, and charred bark, as if a fire had passed through the area. In fact, many trees had charred bark. Artemis put her finger up to the charcoal remains of the tree, but quickly pulled back in pain. They bark was still hot.

"Everyone! Weapons ready! We are closer than ever!" she ordered. Every hunter drew their bow and had arrows knocked, ready for any situation. They began to slowly walk, following the scent of the monsters and the heat being emitted from the recently burned trees. The lush foliage of the uninhabited area of the east coast was trampled, as if an army had just marched on them. Artemis began to feel jumpy; she knew what was ahead. Percy Jackson was most likely with this force of monsters, ready for any challenge, and she knew what she had to do. She had to kill him, albeit to her beliefs. Killing Percy would be plain stupid. Zeus was just too afraid of his own fate, she thought. She continued to lead the hunt through the forest, until they made their way upon a clearing. Artemis held up her hand, signaling them to be stealthy, quiet, and ready for anything.

She crawled through the bushes, intent on making no noise. She perked her head up to the clearing, hoping to see something, when she barely stifled a gasp. What she saw troubled her.

A small force of monsters she had never seen before was setting up camp in the clearing. There were those Narans, a couple dracaena, and a few laestrygonians but that was it for the ones she recognized. She looked around, and her eyes widened with fear at what she saw.

She saw a massive red thing, sticking up out of the ground. She then realized it was a leg. And it was red, oozing out lava that burned the ground underneath it. The giant was colossal in height, probably taller than the trees, and it wielded a spear that was probably over 100 feet long. Thankfully, there was only one of them, so if the hunt did fight the monsters it wouldn't be impossible.

She noticed creatures about the size of a small car, with reptilian skin and wings. They were black and red-skinned and had four legs, like centaurs, but the head of a dragon. The had arms, so they could wield weapons, too. As if that was not enough, she noticed a man with a black hood on, wielding a black blade. He faced where Artemis was, and although not seeing her, it seemed like he did. His dark eyes pierced through every thing they looked at. He took his hood off, revealing his torso. He had a low cut, pitch black tank-top on, revealing his muscles and a massive red scar, starting at his neck and diagonally going down his torso, but how long it was, she did not know, for the shirt blocked the view of the rest of the scar. He had jet black hair, and looked like he used to be a happy boy, but he looked angry and hardened. She immediately knew this was Percy Jackson, the "fallen angel," of the gods.