Trek into the Darkness

Third Person PoV:

"I am Percy Jackson."

The throne room was silent. Not a noise was made. It sounded like a calm, tranquil place, but the tension could be felt in the air. Percy raised an eyebrow at his expressions.

Shocked faces were upon the many gods and campers present during the Olympian Council meeting. Nervous glances were exchanged. The great Hero of Olympus, Percy Jackson, had escaped from the great abyss of Tartarus? It seemed unlikely. Very unlikely. Zeus was dumbfounded. Athena kept a poker face, but it was apparent that she was just as astonished as the rest of the room. Annabeth, already knowing of Percy's whereabouts kept a blank expression, but she was still stunned that Percy would appear in front of those he hated so much. But the person in the room who showed the most emotion was none other than Percy's father himself, Poseidon.

The Lord of the Seas had tears streaming from his eyes, and an ashamed look on his face. He looked like the lost part of him had been found, but he felt poorly for what he did not do five years ago; stand up to his younger brother Zeus. Poseidon began to rise from his seat when an angry voice caused him to flinch.

"Sit down, father," he spat at the old god, anger clearly shown on his face and in his eyes of darkness. Poseidon looked shocked, but knew it was coming. He sat down reluctantly, but did as his son said.

"Percy, I-"

"Don't even say it dad. You stood idly by while your brother Zeus tossed me down into the deepest, darkest place in the world. For a crime I didn't even commit," Percy snapped. He turned away from his father, who was still full of grief. Although his son had returned and managed to somehow escape Tartarus, (which they didn't know how), he had changed, and it seemed he had no love for his father anymore.

After several minutes of awkward silence, Zeus cleared the anger he was feeling when seeing the person who he thought killed his son, and calmed himself before speaking to his nephew. Percy still stood in the center of the room, his body emanated a powerful aura and sly smirk and eyes looking around the room. He made eye contact with each god and goddess. Although Percy was not as powerful as the Big Three, he was still very powerful indeed, oblivious to the gods, though they could tell he had gotten stronger.

"Percy Jackson, what brings you here," Zeus asked, still trying to contain his anger. Percy looked at the man who had ruined his life, hatred coursing through his veins as he replied back to the God of the Skies.

"I heard you were looking for me. It has come to my attention that I am needed for a war against Erebus and Tartarus," he said. When the name Tartarus was spoken, the room grew cold and evil was clearly present. Percy grinned wickedly as the feeling retreated. The gods gasped. They knew not of Tartarus' involvement. They only knew of Erebus. Percy concluded this from the expressions on the gods and goddess' faces.

"Oops, sorry to spoil the surprise," he said mockingly. He turned and winked at Annabeth, who shrunk down in her seat, trying to avoid attention.

"How do you know of this information?" Athena asked. Percy looked at his cousin, before shrugging innocently.

"We'll get to that later."

"Are you here to help us?" Zeus asked hopefully. Percy glared at Zeus, his black eyes pulsing with fury and ire. He almost laughed before he finally said words that the gods would dread forever.

"Of course not." Poseidon looked down. Zeus was rising from his seat as Percy flashed a dangerous look at him.

"I will not be aiding you. I have new masters now. Much more...what's the word... ah, powerful masters. I will not fight for you, as I am now known as the Champion of Erebus and Tartarus. Know this throughout the war, that all your efforts will be in vain and futile. There is no way you can win this war ahead of you, for you need me. Zeus, do you think I have forgotten what you did? Do you think I have forgiven? You took everything from me, and now, you shall feel my wrath as we tear down Olympus brick by brick and stone by stone," Percy Jackson spat as the lights grew dim in the room. The gods looked fearful, but Zeus' anger just grew and grew. Poseidon felt as if he was to blame, and Annabeth had a single tear, coursing its way down her face. Percy turned to her and his anger retreated ever so slightly.