The Beginning of the End

Percy's POV:

My life started its downward spiral three years after the Second Titan War. I was a hero, who defeated Kronos, and who was respected by demigods and gods alike. To top it all off, the love of my life, Annabeth Chase, was my girlfriend. Over the past three years, an era of peace had been in effect at camp and globally, and in that time I continued to perfect my swordsmanship, my agility skills, and I decided to start lifting weights. I knew in the long run strength would help me. Like I said, we were in an era of peace, with a few missions here and there, and a few run-ins with monsters; the usual life of a demigod.

Annabeth and I spent a lot more time together, without having to save each other's lives every single day. We dated a lot, and were some of the elite few who had the ability to leave camp grounds without permission (though Chiron did like us telling him.) So we sometimes went to Manhattan to grab some dinner and a movie. But generally, we preferred hanging out by the lake or relaxing on the beach.

After the second titan war, I was so glad we finally got together. I had always had feelings for her, but wasn't sure if she felt the same about me. I knew I was in love with her when I was so worried about her safety when she was kidnapped by Luke, and forced to hold the sky. I disobeyed Chiron for that very reason; I just couldn't bear the thought of her in danger. Her love for me was confirmed at Mt. St. Helens, right before I fought the Telekines, who were trying to free Typhon. She kissed me, and I knew that she loved me.

Things had gotten pretty serious between the two of us. We had been dating for around three years, and we weren't kids anymore. I was turning nineteen soon and she was already nineteen. I was planning something special for our anniversary, but didn't know what. I was planning on asking one of the Aphrodite campers for advice, but it was getting late, and I knew they would be in bed.

Annabeth and I were hanging out in an isolated part of the forest. We had found a clearing last summer, that no one else knew about. It was on the outskirts of camp, and it seemed like its existence was unknown. There were two large stones, one lying atop the other, making a ramp, so to say, around ten feet high. That ramp led to a cave that was illuminated by moonlight and was an absolutely beautiful place to go. It was so romantic.

The area had lush grass and abundance of flowers around the perimeter. Annabeth adored this area.

We were lying down in the cave, my back against the wall and her head in my lap. I looked down on her gorgeous face, and smiled.

"How was your day, Seaweed-Brain," she teased, stroking my arm. Her sense of humor was the same as usual.

"Tiring; I've stopped teaching the new obstacle course because I've been really preoccupied teaching the advanced students in fighting in the area. In other words, boring," I responded.

"But now that you're with me, I feel better, Wise Girl." I smiled at Annabeth. She was so pretty. She punched me playfully, and I laughed.

Annabeth was looking out onto the field, smiling. She turned to me and said, "You know we will be dating for 3 years in a little less than a month."

"I know, and you are going to love that day," I hinted to her, and she looked at me, wondering what it was. I silenced her question, by pressing my lips to hers, and we embraced in a long, passionate kiss.

She straddled me, looking down at my body. I couldn't help but notice her desire, as she bit her bottom lip.

"You've really gotten ripped, Kelp-Head. When did you start hitting the gym?"

She felt my muscles, and I grinned at her.

"Everyday," I said.

"How about, we get a little more.... Comfortable?" she asked, giving me a wink and a mischievous grin.