Chapter 12: The legend

After not firing and allowing their chief to live another day, I got repaid by getting hit in the face with a hammer, dog piled by like ten Vikings, and being thrown into one of the stone cages in the pit. And that wasn't even the worst part! That was the fact that my cage partner was my mortal enemy's brother, AKA Match.

"You know Fury, you could like it in here," he stated, feeling my rage, "just think, you won't have to worry about Her finding you anymore."

"I'd rather get caught and killed by Her then sit here and do nothing." I replied.

"Why did you protect that boy?" he asked, generally curious.

"Two reasons: one, he is my friend, and two, the prophecy."

"You mean the Legend of the Night Fury?"

"Yes, but there is a prophecy at the end."

"I don't think I ever heard that part then. Would you tell it to me?"

"Well, if I tell you I should start at the beginning."

"You mean with Magny the Night Fury?"

"A little before that but you get the idea."

"Ok. Lets here it. It should be interesting to hear it from a Night Furies point of view." 

"Well, before She was in control, her father was. He was even bigger than She is know. Though just as evil."

"That does surprise me at all."

"Hahaha.... yeah. Well, one day a nameless Night Fury came to the nest. Not one dragon had ever seen him before. He challenged Him to a fight. Loser dies, Winner lives."

"Ohh........... I hate those kinds of fights. Never good for anyone, even the winner."

I nodded and continued. "Being the arrogant leader he was, He accepted the challenge. They fought above the nest, every dragon watching the chaos that ensued. The fight was about five minutes long, and ended with the Night Fury hovering victoriously over the dying leader."

"Wow."

"For sure. Then, He asked the question on everyone's mind. "Who are you, Night Fury?" and the dragon replied, "I am Magny, one of the most powerful and most brave of the dragons." Then he turned to Her and said, "Your time with come just as your father's has. An ancestor of mine alone with one unsuspected will bring it. I'd be ready it I were you." And with that, he roared a mighty roar and flew off, never to be seen again."

"So, was what he said to Her the prophecy?" Match questioned.

"Yes. That is why she banned Night Furies from having children as well. To stop his bloodline."

"Did it work?"

"I don't know. I hope it didn't but we will have to wait and see."

"I hope so too. But I wonder....."

"Wonder what, Match?"

"Who is the unsuspected one?"

"That is a question I hope to find an answer to."

Then, to end our conversation, the door to our cage was thrown open to reveal Stoick, the chief, glaring at me with anger and hate. But, there was another emotion he was trying to hide. And it worked on everyone but me.

There was extreme heartbreak in him. And I only knew that because I had felt it when I lost my parents. What had happened between him and Hiccup after he dragged him away? I needed to find out. But then a bunch of Vikings came and locked me to a wood slab and lowered it onto the lead boat of the armada.

Stoick started walking in my direction. "Set sail!" he yelled to the fleet. Then to me, "Lead us home, Devil."

'Oh no. I have to show them to the nest!' I realized. 'This isn't going to end well'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so you guys know, " have talking and ' with italics have thinking.