Chapter 10: A Day Full of "Hers"

I was starting to get worried. Hiccup was late by at least a few hours. I kept waiting and waiting but he didn't show up. Finally, he showed up, but he wasn't alone. A blonde-haired girl was with him, and she looked mad.

As if to prove her anger, she grabs Hiccup's hand and pulls it behind his back.

"Ow! Why would you do that?"

She kicked him, saying, "That's for the lies," then drops her axe on top of him. "and that's for everything else." She finished.

I was worried she would do more so I got up from where I was laying and growled, startling her.

"Oh, man." Hiccup worried, starting to get up.

Then I rushed her.

"Get down!" She yelled, pulling him back down to the ground again. She got up to intercept me with her axe but Hiccup didn't give her the chance. He grabbed the axe and slid it across the ground away from her.

"It's ok." He told both of us. "It's ok." Then to me, he said, "She's a friend."

When he said that, I got down on all fours and went forward until he stopped me, still growling. "You just scared him." He told the girl.

"She scared me?!"

"I scared him?!" we said the same time. "Who is him?" she asked after.

"Astrid, toothless. Toothless, Astrid" he said, pointing to each of us at our respective names. I growled after.

She gave Hiccup a look like: "Your so dead." and ran off toward the village.

"Da da da, we're dead." Hiccup said.

"Well, if we're dead..... I'm gonna get out of here." I said, turning the opposite direction of Astrid.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. Where do you think your going?" Hiccup yelled, running after me.

Once he caught up to me, we jumped into the air and followed Astrid. We caught up with her pretty quick. Right away she jumped over a fallen log, I swooped down and grabbed her. She was screaming but I wasn't really paying attention to whether it meant anything besides freaking out.

I found a tree that could support me with out breaking and dropped her onto it. Then I landed right next to her, bending it to a 90 degree angle.

"Hiccup! Get me down from here!" She screamed at him.

"You have to give me a chance to explain." He tried to reason with her.

"I am not listening to ANYTHING you have to say!" She yelled back, trying to get on top of the branch instead of hanging from her hands.

"Then I won't speak, let me show you. Please, Astrid."

She looked down at the ground as he said this. She must be very smart because she seemed to realize that it would be easier to get down if she came down on me with Hiccup so she finally agreed.

Once she was on me, I was a little angry because she was being so mean, like she was the leader of everything or something.

"Ok, Toothless, down, gently." Hiccup told me.

Now, for the record, I did hear the "gently" part. I was just so mad at the moment that I didn't obey that part of the order.   

I flew all over the place, At one point, I was flying down, spinning in this crazy way that I didn't know possible. That was when she did what I wanted her to do.

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Just get me off this thing!"

With that, I straightened out and flew like I normally do. We flew for the rest of the evening before anything else was said.

"Ok, I admit it, this is pretty cool. It's amazing. He's amazing." Astrid said. I was glad we got her on our side. That could have been disastrous.

Hiccup and Astrid kept talking about different things but I kept thinking I was hearing the call so I tuned their conversation out. Then, I was sure. The Call was made. She was calling in the kill.

I flew into the fog, scaring Hiccup and Astrid. Hiccup kept telling me to turn around after the other dragons started showing up but I didn't listen. They had to see this.

We flew into the hole is the side of the mountain. Hiccup and Astrid talked about the nest some while I found a place to land. Unlike them, I knew what was coming,

A groncle that came in late dropped a tiny fish and started to fly up but it didn't get to far because She got there first and ate it in one bite.

Then, She looked in our direction.

"Well, well, well. Fury returns; and what is this he brought with him? Humans!"

She snapped at us but I was ready. I jumped into the air at the last second. She snapped again but got a Zippleback instead on me. 

"You can't escape me forever, Fury. Your parents aren't here to cover you as you run in fear anymore!"

Full of pain from thinking of that day, I flew back to the cove. Hiccup and Astrid talked about some things then Astrid left, but not before giving Hiccup a kiss first.

I looked at him. "What are you looking at?"

I turned away. "Nothing."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedication to Starskyer15 for the nice comment on chapter one.