Chapter 5: The Boy

I woke up around midday by were the shadows of the trees were. Sadly, I was still tied in the rope thing, unable to move because of it. My tail was still in pain as well so I had a feeling I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I heard something moving not to far away and hid my breathing as to not get attacked by whatever or whoever it was.

"Oh, wow." Someone said.

'Wait a minute.' I though. 'Not just any someone, the viking that shot me down the night before. Well, I geuss that's all my story's going to have.'

"I-I did it, oh, th-this changes everything" He said. "I have brought down this mighty beast." As he said that, he put his foot on top of my leg.

I growled and pushed his foot off of me. I then opened my eyes to see his looking staight into mine.

He held his knife above his head, still looking into my eyes and said. "I'm gonna kill you dragon. I'm gonna cut out your heart and take it to my father."

'Please don't do that.' I thought. 'I like my heart where it is thank you very much.'

"I am a viking" He said, almost whispering. "I AM A VIKING!" The second time he yelled.

I knew that I was done for. So I didn't know when the knife was coming, I closed my eyes and let my my head fall to the ground. I waited for the sharp pain of the knife but it never came.

"I did this." He said, sounding quite guilty.

The next thing I heard was the sound of rope being cut and the rope around me weakening it's hold. I opened my eyes to see the boy cutting the rope with the knife he was going to kill me with just moments before.

Once the ropes went slack, I pushed him away, pinning him to a rock that was near us. The look in his eyes looked about like how I had felt just seconds before. I kept thinking about what he did.

'A viking released me. He had me caught. He would have been the first to kill a Nightfury, but he freed me instead.' Being that he let me go, I let him live. I just scared the daylights out of him first by roaring at him.

I tried to fly away but something was wrong because I couldn't. I ended up falling into a cove-like area that had huge walls on all sides. I tried flying out and climbing out but I couldn't get to the top. I finally collapsed from sheer exhaustion and fell asleep.