Unperceptive Witch

Chapter 27: Unperceptive Witch

POV: Rose

Dominique came bursting through the doors of the Transfiguration classroom with bloody murder shining bright in her green eyes. Her pale face was finally gaining color, a burning red that matched her hair as she made a beeline for Lily, her wand out.

"What did you do?" she demanded to one of our younger cousins. "You owled my dad, didn't you? You told him! You told him after you swore you wouldn't tell anyone! Now Dad's on his way to murder me!"

Lily, ever the fearless type, slapped away Dominique's wand as she jumped off the surface of the desk she had been sitting on. Louis and Freddie stood behind her, both grinning in anticipation for the gruesome fight that was definitely going to follow (there was always guaranteed blood when Lily and Dominique, two same uncontrollable forces, went in for a battle).

Fortunately, I was present. There would be no blood spilled on my watch. 

"Dom," I said loudly, leaving my side of the classroom to wedge myself between the two. Freddie and Louis booed me in the background. "No one owled Uncle Bill. McGonagall summoned all of us here."

I pointed my thumb behind my shoulder, directing Dominique to where Al, Lucas, and James were playing a game of Exploding Snap. 

Dominique gritted her teeth as she lowered her wand a centimeter. "So Dad isn't coming here to send me straight to that Muggle Catholic school he's been threatening me about since I was ten?"

"No, Dom, you're okay—"

"It would serve you right," Lily cut through my reassurance. Her brown eyes were dark and narrowed. "For being a hypocrite and thinking I would betray you."

"We all know you act before you think," Dominique returned angrily. "How was I supposed to know your threat of telling my dad about what you saw was empty? You throw tantrums whenever things don't go your way."

Lily's cheeks grew red now, too. 

I sighed. There would be blood, then.

"Tell Dad what?" Louis now asked, no longer looked amused but curious. 

Dominique's eyes widened. She recognized her mistake the instant Lily turned to Louis.

"She thinks I told Uncle Bill I caught her having sex with a Slytherin because I asked her to help me get all of you off mine and Liam's case. She refused and thought I'd break my promise of keeping my mouth shut."

Louis looked like he got hit with a beater's bat. "What?" he stuttered out. "What do you mean—what Slytherin— how can you— what?" 

Dominique rolled her eyes at her brother, pocketing her wand now. "Oh, calm the hell down, Louis. It's just sex."

"DON'T!" All at once, from their various spots around the classroom, my male cousins shouted at the top of their lungs.

Nia smirked, I rolled my eyes, Lily scoffed, Lucas looked interested, and Emily remained staring at the desktop at the reaction of my relatives.

"Idiots," said Dominique with a scoff of her own. "Macho idiots no less. Women are sexual beings, regardless if they are related to you or not."

Al clapped his hands over his ears, shaking his head. "Be sexual all you want. We just don't want to know."

I rolled my eyes. "Where are Liam and Malfoy?" I asked, breaking past this pointless conversation. "They never came back from their walk with Teddy."