viii. first day

viii//

viii//

First days at work are never easy. That's a given fact is known world-wide. You just simply can't have an easy first day at work. It's just not possible. Well, at least that's what I thought until today. 

Roman and I spoke on the phone multiple times these past few days and I was glad, talking to Roman calmed my nerves whenever I realized that I was starting my brand new job in just a few days. I managed to speak to Roman's aunt, the one who owned the WonderWoman store, Vera. She told me a lot of things to look out for once I started to work there, which was today. We worked out a schedule and since I have class almost every day, it wasn't easy. My shifts were mostly in the afternoon and the time was extremely flexible. I almost didn't have a time that I had to arrive by. 

My pay wasn't something I was worried about although I was glad the pay was decent. I'm sure after working here for a while I'll be able to afford an apartment with a roommate. 

Waking up, I felt refreshed. Callum was out with Ross and they still hadn't returned. I'm not sure how he's managing his schoolwork while partying like mad through the night. 

I had to do extra hours of homework last night whilst he was away partying. I had to make up for the time that I would miss working this afternoon. 

Although I felt refreshed, I immediately felt jittery and uncomfortable, my hands were shaking and I kept biting my lip.  I realized that today was the day the result of the soccer try-outs were going to come out. I wasn't sure whether I felt good or bad because I had absolute no idea about how I did on the try-outs. 

I know I didn't do horrible; that I know for sure because nobody gave me weird looks during the try-outs, which is a good sign mind you. But I don't know if I did well either.

I always had to keep my wig and sunglasses on when I was in the dorm room because I never knew when Callum, Ross or Patrick was going to enter the room. It would be horrible if they caught me wearing girl clothes and without a wig on.

Since Callum didn’t seem to be coming back anytime soon, I was about to take my wig off and take a shower. Just then, the keyhole of the room turned and in came none other than Callum himself. I let go a huge breath and I was super glad that I didn't do anything I was going to regret later on. 

"Wow what a surprise to see you back," I retorted as I lay back on the bed. 

"You don't even leave the room. Ever." He took his cap off and flapped his shirt. It was sweaty and full of grime. I could tell he was out doing some kind of sport. 

"How do you know? You're never even here," I retorted. Out of 24 hours in a day, Callum would probably be away for 22 hours, and the other two hours is just to shower and to pick up his school materials. Not that I was complaining of course, he was just giving me more time to not wear this stupid wig and sunglasses. 

He ignored me and continued to gather up his things. "Oh Reece, me and the boys are having a movie night over at Patrick's this weekend. I invited you." He bent over to retrieve his fallen binder and didn't even spare a look my way.

"Excuse me?" I said, just realising that it sounded extremely feminine. "I mean, what?" 

"I thought it would be fun for you to come and hang out with us this weekend. We're watching the new action movie. Pacific Rim or Atlantic Rim or something like that." He shrugged and began to leave.

"Could you at least tell me the details dude?" I sat up to face him. I needed to know everything. 

"What is there to know?" He turned back to me, raising an eyebrow.