v. soccer

To the right is Ross!

v//

You know that awkward moment when a guy checks you out and possibly makes a cat call? I happen to be in that exact situation. Well actually, no. I'm the dude and the girls are the ones that are giving me weird looks. It's not like I'm the one that's actually doing it, Callum's the one that's actually doing the job. I told him I didn't want to go but he still dragged me along. Who knows what could happen?We were standing on the bleachers of the exact field my soccer tryouts were going to be held in.

"Reece! Why aren't you doing anything?" Callum gave me a "light" punch in the arm. I almost screamed.

"I uh, really have to go," That wasn't completely a lie, I had soccer tryouts today and I never liked leaving bad first impressions. 

"You know Reece," Patrick, the boy that just seem to follow Callum everywhere, said, "you always seem to disappear when we're in the middle of something. Is that like your trademark?" Patrick stuffed his hands on his pockets and gave me a weird look.

"What? No!" I huffed but laughed nervously. When was I ever going to get used to this? "I've got a ton of homework and I'm behind on a bunch of stuff," 

"Okay..." Callum raised an eyebrow, but then paid no attention to me after a group of giggling girls walked passed him. If you searched up player in a dictionary, Callum would be the first definition.

I checked my watch quickly, it was already two and I haven't even packed anything. So I began to back away very slowly. Thankfully, neither Patrick nor Callum noticed: they were too busy talking to three girls with multiple piercings. 

I sprinted back to the dorm room. I pried the wig and hair-net off, threw my sunglasses in my bag and basically made the world record for the fast time to change into a pair of soccer shorts and a loose, old t-shirt from high school. It literally took me less than twenty seconds. 

I threw my cleats into the soccer bag and headed out. Guess who was waiting at the elevator? Roman. Just as I began to walk towards him. The elevator door began to close and I started to run, but my bag starting to fall off my shoulder so I started to half limp half run while I tried to keep my strap on my shoulder. It seems like fate is constantly trying to embarrass me.

"Hi," I waved slightly awkwardly. After I've stepped into the elevator.

"Hello. Where are you heading to?" he looked at me from head to toe, probably taking in my outfit.

"I'm going to soccer try-outs," I said bluntly. Why was I such an idiot when it comes to having a conversation with good looking god-like guys? Things never ever work out as planned when a guy like that talked to me. I remember once in tenth grade when my hugest crush, Tommy came up and said hi to me. I wanted to act smooth so I leaned against the lockers. But it turns out there were no lockers and I fell on the ground. He helped me up but I never wanted to talk to him every again. It was just too embarrassing.

"That's great," he stuck his hands in his pockets and I couldn't help but noticed what he was wearing. He had on a plaid shirt with a pair of dark jeans and well, I have no words for that. "I'm actually going over to my Aunt's store. She's making me," he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. 

"What's so bad about that?" I frowned. I would love to own a store.

"Well, you see-" he was interrupted by the ding of the elevator. "Oh, we're here already. I guess time flies when you're having fun right?"

"O-oh yeah I guess?" I stuttered as I gulped. I smacked my forehead with my palm. Why did i stutter? I questioned myself, feeling stupid.

He shook his head and walked away. Now he probably thinks I'm retarded. Even though I just find him really good looking, he could be a serial for all I know! I don't have feelings for him, yet.