Chapter 16

Dedicated to SSAAAMMRRAAA1 for constantly voting, thank you so much. You guys don't know how happy I get when I get a notification that you voted. Even if I've had a bad day, seeing that someone voted on my story, it makes me feel better. Love you and thank you all so much.

Pretty long chapter.

I opened my eyes and immediately regretted it, the hospital lights instantly giving me a headache. I blinked several times until the headache went away and my eyes were used to the light. I was on a hospital bed. I looked and saw all my mates heads resting on the bed I was in.

It looked like it was their first time in days to have slept, so I stayed quiet and still so I wouldn't wake them. I studied their faces to pass the time. They were still handsome, even with the huge bags under their eyes.

I was worried when I again saw that they had lost some weight; they were still filled out, they just looked like they have barely eaten or slept in quite a few days. Their hair was in every which way, probably from them tugging at it stressfully. They had stubble around their mouth and chin from not shaving.

I wanted to reach out and touch their hair, but I resisted the urge and let them sleep. After about ten minutes of looking around the empty room, I started getting restless and I shifted to get more comfortable. My mates all jumped up and looked around the room.

I smiled at my over protective mates. "Don't worry it was just me." Their heads snapped down to me and I was meet with the most beautiful color eyes of green, light grey, chocolate brown, and blue. "Brooklyn," they whispered on unison, causing my whole body to shiver in delight.

I was suddenly squished into a hug with all my mates. "We were so worried about you," Justin said. Jake, "Your whole body was different colors from the torment and silver!" Their eyes turned dark from fury at his words. I looked down and saw I had no more bruises or wounds, but I was in a different shirt. It smelt like my mate but I got uncomfortable at the thought of them changing me when I was unconscious.

They sensed my unease because Jacob said, "We had Daisy and another woman put you in underwear and one of our shirts." I nodded feeling thankful that my mates hadn't changed me when I wasn't even awake.

Jack, "You were asleep for a day and a half now." I've never slept that long before!! Before I could reply the door burst open and I'm tackled on the bed. When I see that it's Daisy I hug her. "I was so worried about you! My brothers are complete jerks without you by the way. I'm so glad you're back now though. Not just because of my brothers either, I missed hanging out with you."

I smiled and gave her a tight hug. "I missed you too. And I'm sorry I worried you." She smiled. I smelled my favorite kind of food down the hallway and it was getting closer.

The door opened and Nick walked in carrying Chinese food bags. He walked to me and lifted up the bags. "I thought you'd be hungry when you woke up so I got your favorites." On cue, my stomach growled loudly, gaining a grin from Nick.

I remembered what my mates had said about Nick and I seeing each other again, and looked over to see if they were about to lose it. I was surprised to find that they looked upset and hurt. I knew at that moment that they went on a limb and trusted me, from when I said we were nothing more than friends.

I was filled with warmth. They clearly were hurt that I was close to another male, yet here they were letting me see and talk to an unmated male that they knew nothing about. I knew this was one of their ways of saying sorry for overreacting.