'I just felt like someone was ogling me.'

By quarter past six, I was already bursting to escape the confines of my room, and leave for the skatepark. Unfortunately, I knew that was pretty pointless, since it was doubtful that Jake would be there forty-five minutes before I asked him to meet me. To be truthful, the fact that I had even asked him to meet me was surprising (and also scared the hell out of me). But then again, I guess I was just learning from my brother, and hanging out with people that I didn't usually. At least I won't be kissing them, though, my mind added bitterly.

Even though I was pretending it didn't, the fact that Jenna and Trent were probably going out now, and sending each other lovey-dovey texts made me want to puke continuously. As if my brother and my best friend together wasn't enough (and straight out of a teen novel), they had also had the nerve to do stuff behind my back!

But now definitely wasn't the time to think about that. Now, was the time to think about myself. Because hey, who better to think about? Well, there is one person. But thinking about that particular person would be more than stalkerish, and might also have me questioning my own sanity. So, you know.

Since I still had a little bit to go before I could head to Pole Hill, I decided the best thing to do was Skype Mason and Lee already. After all, they would be here tomorrow, and it felt like ages since I had actually talked to them face to face. By this point, I didn't think I would be that surprised if I had turned on video chat and found out Mason had a beard or something. Not that I really was expecting that to be honest - but it was still a possibility after all.

Quickly, I got out my laptop and logged onto Skype, silently rejoicing when I discovered Mason and Lee were both online, even though it was past 11 o'clock where they were. I clicked on the call button, and started dialling Mason. Within a few moments, he picked up, and the screen flashed as it displayed an almost black screen with only a few patches of light.

"Um, Mason?" I asked uncertainly. "Are you there?" Suddenly, there was the sound of a laptop being fumbled (which was almost ear-splitting over the crappy connection of my laptop), and several voices before I finally got to see a clear picture of someone. Lee?

"Hello Riley!" Lee said enthusiastically, as he waved on-screen. I waved back, more than a little amused.

"So, it's nice to see you and all, but where exactly is Mason?" Lee shrugged innocently, but then glanced quickly to the left of the screen.

"I dunno. But anyway, aren't you excited about us-" Lee's voice was cut off abruptly when a body came flying in from the left, tackled him, and nearly the laptop as well, since the screen violently shook from right to left, and fell over.

"What the hell?" I muttered under my breath. What on earth is going on and where's Mason?

After a few seconds of awkwardly staring at the Mila Kunis poster on Mason's wall, a head finally popped up on screen. It was Mason, looking very flushed, with his hair sticking out at random angles. I raised my eyebrows as if to say yes, I just witnessed all of that.

Mason had the grace to blush. "Sorry about that. Lee stole my laptop and I had to get revenge, y'know?" I nodded, trying hard to contain my laughter at my silly best friend.

"Right. Well next time you might wanna stick to the hair dye in the shampoo trick." I advised, winking.

"Yeah... Anyway, it's still alright if we come tomorrow, right?" I was about to nod again, when a hand grabbed Mason, ready to pull him off the bed.

"Uh, Mason." I began.

"It's fine, it's fine - I'm just trying to get back in front of the webcam!" he yelled, as he used Mason to climb back onto the bed. "I got you there, didn't I?" he teased, laughing manically as Mason threw a pillow at him.