'Think of it as a goodbye present.'

I quickly applied some mascara and eyeliner to finish off my outfit. It was Saturday night, and in approximately 20 minutes my leaving party would start. Of course, the downside was that I had to sneak out.

I had decided to dress up a little bit since it was my last night here in Downtown Weston and at Ridgeway Skatepark. I was wearing a skater skirt, a crop top and high tops. Now I just had to sneak some food before I went, since I'm pretty sure the boys wouldn't leave me any pizza, even if I was leaving.

I skipped downstairs, and scowled as I saw Trent all dressed up for his leaving party. Walking around him, I picked up a green apple from the fruit basket. "Where are you going dressed like that?" Trent asked curiously.

I glared at him even though it was a reasonable question. Usually you would find me in graphic tees and sweats or skinny jeans. "Maybe I just wanted to look nice on my last day in America..."I answered innocently.

He scoffed at my response. "Yeah, right. Anyway just stay in your room tonight, and if anyone comes in just tell me." He said casually.

"Why?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer, it had surprised me that he was being an ounce caring for once.

"You know why Riley! I'm having a party, and you know what those are like." Truthfully, I didn't – but I nodded anyway.

"Well, I'll be in my room if you need me. And don't." I added as I walked out of the kitchen. Running up the stairs two at a time to my bedroom, I plotted my escape.

I had planned to sneak out when Trent's party got started (trust Mom to let him have a party in the house!), since the noise and the amount of people would hopefully cover up my disappearance. Right now however, it was time to chill until Trent's airhead friends arrived.

I grabbed my fully charged phone from the bedside table, and my new earphones (which were my 5th pair in the last two weeks due to my annoying habit of losing and/or breaking them) and put on Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne, one of my favourite singers.

He was a boy, she was a girl

Can I make it anymore obvious?

He was a punk, she did ballet

What more can I say?

He wanted her, she'd never tell

But secretly she wanted him as well

But all of her friends stuck up their nose

They had a problem with his baggy clothes

He was a ska-

The punky guitar riff was cut off by the short electronic sound that meant I had received a message. Quickly glancing at the screen, I noticed it was from Mason.

From: Mason

To: Riley

Hey Riles, just wondering if you needed the lift to the party?

I quickly texted him back.

From: Riley

To: Mason

Nah thanks, I'm gonna sneak out....... 0_o

From: Mason

To: Riley

Ah, ok! 0_o Well, I'll see you at the party! If you make it out of your house alive, that is.

I chuckled at his message, then checked the time on my phone. The display read 8:54 pm, and Trent's friends were supposed to be arriving at 9pm, yet I could still hear a few masculine voices downstairs which probably belonged to Trent's football friends! Sugar! I thought as I realised it would be harder to escape now since there was only a small amount of people, who probably weren't going to create that much noise. I had to make a distraction.