'Those soccer guys can be pretty vicious.'

Jenna's face flushed pink a bit, then she quickly nodded and turned away. Seriously? Why Trent, of all people?

"Hey partner." a deep voice said, interrupting my thoughts. It sounded like they were right behind me. Turns out, they were right behind me.

"You again." I mumbled. Jake shook his head, a grin on his face.

"Now, that's no way to talk to your partner!"

"Partner, not friend."

"Pish-posh! Besides, we need to get on to do this project, no?" Jake said, leaning on my desk. "Anyway, I know what you did with my brother, so you kind of owe me." he added casually, staring at his fingernails. I bristled slightly.

"You don't know anything about me, Jake."

"Exactly. It's what this whole project's about, isn't it?" Well, he got me there.

"Whatever." I replied, turning away.

This is going to be a long couple of weeks.

***

"Hey sis." Trent greeted me afterschool. Surprisingly, we had been getting along better since his fight with Adam, but it still felt like we were both going to explode any second.

"You should watch out you know, someone might hear you're related to me." I quipped sardonically. Okay, so maybe I wasn't making much of an effort to be nice, but he had to put some work in too!

Trent cocked an eyebrow. "Real funny. Anyway, I wouldn't mind people knowing you're my sister now." This time it was my turn to raise an eyebrow.

"How come?" He hesitated.

"Well, you know, you did sorta break up the fight between Adam and I, which scored you a bit of popularity and all that." I was still cynical, of course. You had to take anything Trent said with a pinch of salt.

"Is that the real reason? Or is it just some lie you're going to tell me?" Trent pulled a hurt face, as if he couldn't believe that I'd even said that. Well it is me you're talking to, buddy.

"Well - there might be another reason." he admitted hurriedly. 

"And what would that that be?" Trent hesitated again, longer this time. 

"All the guys - especially Seth - are trying to set me up with you, because they think I punched Adam because I was jealous! And trust me, it is more than disturbing to be set up with your own sister." I could barely control my laughter by this point.

"They-thought-you--liked me? Oh-my-god-that's-hilarious!" I gasped between breaths. Trent shot me an annoyed look, crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

"It's not my fault my friends think that just because they're football players, it automatically qualifies them to be able to set people up." I finally managed to get my laughter under control before replying.

"Then why don't you just tell them I'm your sister?" I asked him. I was sure it wasn't that big of a deal as he made it out to be.

"Because they'll be annoyed that I haven't told them all this time! Besides, if I tell them it will just make them start noticing you more. And trust me, you don't want that."

"Or do I?" I replied, wiggling my eyebrows. "Anyway, can't they work out that we're brother and sister? I mean, it has to be more than coincidence when two American students with the same last name transfer to the school at exactly the same time?" Trent considered this for a moment.