Chapter 5

"G-gale what are you doing here?" I say. "Katniss I want to talk to you." He says. "I don't want to talk to you! You walked out and didn't even say anything! This party was for you!" "I know I'm sorry. Please let me talk.'' "She doesn't want to talk to you Gale! Leave NOW!" Peeta says. "I'm sorry Katniss." Gale whispers. I start crying into Peeta's shoulder. C'mon Baby let's go to the bakery we can bake some cupcakes." I nod my head.
(Gale's Pov) I feel awful but she doesn't want to talk to me. I might as well leave. I hop on to the train back to District 2. Goodbye forever Katniss I think to myself.
(Peeta's Pov) It's the perfect time to ask Katniss to marry me. "I'm going to the bathroom I'll be right back" I lie so I can go get the ring I have for her. It's beautiful it has a 2 carrot diamond and little rhinestones on the band. I grab it out of my cabinet and put it in my pocket and start running downstairs. "Alright I'm ready let's go." I tell Katniss. We start walkting towards the bakery hand in hand. I open the door with my key. We both walk in and I go to the back to get the icing and the batter. We both start mixing the batter when Katniss throws flour in my face. "Hey!" I say and throw some at her too. I run and grab her from behind and kiss her. "I love you." I say. "I love you too." she says. I get down on one knee and say "Katniss I love you so much and I am so glad you are in my life. I want to spend the rest of my life with you so will you do me a favor and become my wife?" "Yes,yes!!" she says. I twirl her around and kiss her. I'm so happy.
(Katniss' Pov) I am so happy! Peeta asked me to marry him! I can't wait to marry him. The ring he gave me is perfect, he knows me so well. "Let's go home I tell Peeta after we finish baking the cupcakes." "Ok." he says. We finish baking and we stop by Haymitch's house and we show him my ring and give him a cupcake. We say goodnight and we go back to my house. "Let's go to sleep. I'm tired." I tell him. "Alright" he says. We lay down in my bed. "Goodnight I love you." I say. "I love you to." he says and we go to sleep. When I fall in to a nightmare about Prim when she died. "PRIM!!!" I am screaming "Don't leave!" I try to save her but a pack of wild mutts keep holding me back. "No! Help her!!" I continue screaming. "I love you little duck." I whisper while sobbing when Peeta wakes up. "What's wrong?" "Nothing just a bad dream." "Do you want to talk about it?" "No I'm Ok." "Alright I love you." He says while drifting off into sleep.