Chapter 3- Reunion gone bad

video to the song tavon was singing. i guess it fits the story ----->

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tavon P.O.V

“Good morning Mr. Knickson.” I looked up from my desk and smiled at Lisa.

“Please call me that only in front of company, but Good morning.”

“Did you get word from Star label?” I nodded.

“They called right when I got out of the shoot yesterday. It seems that the boss fell ill and had to reschedule until today.” I was a little disappointed that the dinner was cancelled, but also relived. I was running on pure caffeine yesterday.

“What time are we supposed to meet them today?” I looked at my watch.

“I’m leaving here at five and we should get there at six. The actual dinner isn’t until six thirty.” I frowned at her. “I really do wish you can go. I don’t mind taking Carry and Aqua, but it’s not going to be the same without you being the third wheel.” She snorted and stuck her tongue out at me.

“You mean you are the third wheel and the girls would have been my dates.” She smirked and then sighed. “I wish I could go to but I need to be there for my baby.” I nodded in understanding. I know what it feels like to sit back and watch your loved one wither away and you didn’t have the power to make things better.She pushed her hair back and plastered a smile on her face. “I know everything will be fine. I’ll bring you your coffee in five minutes, you have a meeting in ten, and you’re free to go buy a new tux for tonight after that.” she turned to walk out, but I got up from my seat, grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and let out a soft sob. I pulled her closer and rubbed her back.

“Stay strong baby girl, and always remember that your family is here for you.” she sniffled and pulled away from me.

“I know Tavon.” She wiped her cheek and groaned when it was stained black. I chuckled.

“Go be a woman.” she turned to walk out again but I stopped her again. “I love you Lisa.” She gave me a weak, but genuine smile.

“I love you too.” She walked up to me and kissed me on the cheek. “Now go finish pretending to do some work.” I smiled at her and bowed.

“As always.” She laughed and walked out quietly closing the door. I walked back over to my desk and sat down.

I admired Lisa. She was always a strong woman even back in college. I may be older by birth, but she was older by knowledge. Actually it scared me sometimes at how strong willed she was. I can’t count how many times I had to save somebody from her wrath. I sighed and shook my head. Those were the days.There was a knock on my door.

“Come in.” I looked up when the door opened and smiled at Aqua. She handed me the cup of coffee in her hand and sat in the chair across from me.

“Lisa told me you would need this.”

“I have a meeting with Mr. Knowlin in six minutes.” Aqua wrapped her arms around herself and shuddered as if she was cold. I smiled at her child like behavior.

“I don’t understand why you still work for that man.”I shrugged.

“It’s nothing but good business. Trust me if he didn’t pay the amount he did I would have been dumped his ass, but I have to think about my girls so I bare It.” she smiled at me.