Church Girl

First off a big HUGE thank you to PeacefulxMoon for voting on my story because of people like you. Undiscovered authors continue to write.

I pulled out the folded paper from my tiny purse counting the squares over it was folded.

Your smile shines bright

through me

it brings out the fight

you see

I think your right

for me

I love your hair

the laughs we share

your skin beautifully fair

think of all we could share

I'm no good at rhyming

but darling I'm trying

won't you be there for me

at Dinny's Dinner

A date please

I giggled at the end where Eric's rhyming isn't all that good but it was a *ballad indeed. I should *give him a bell to tell him I'll be there. Who cares he already knows you'll be there. An annoying voice that I did not recognize as one of my inner thoughts said. I'll *give him a bell anyway. I thought running over to the phone sitting on my night stand. One ring,Two rings, Three rings. Okay, maybe I should just hang up. Taking the phone away from my ear I began placing it back on the receiver.

"Hello?" A male voice asked over the line. I wasn't sure if it was Eric or his father it sounded like Eric. I realized I probably seemed like a psycho breathing into the receiver. When the voice on the line asked again.

"Um sorry is this Eric?" I asked the male voice

"No, Eric is out at the moment. May I ask; who's calling?"

"I'm Lily Foster can you tell Eric to *give me a bell when he has the chance?" I asked

"Yes, I can. Have a nice day Lily." The male voice said muttering about crazy kids and weird language. I giggled lightly before hanging up my end of the phone. I sat at my bureau brushing out the knots and tangles giving myself a plat afterwards.

I looked in the mirror for probably the first time in weeks; sad I know. I looked different I guess. I don't know, I couldn't place my finger on it at all. I shrugged it off as I got up and lay on my bed. I have nothing to do and Rose went out with Roy. I helped her get ready for her date as she went on her way. I've come to find out Roy was a very *unreal person. I can't stand this anymore. I thought as I arose from my bed heading for the kitchen where my mother was. I leaned against the door frame of the yellow walled cherry decorated kitchen. Typical.

"Do you need any help?" Startling her she turned around a hand on her chest with a frightened look in her eyes.

"Lily darling you startled me. Come on in I would love some help." she said going back to the turnip greens. As I went over to clean the chicken legs and wings, twelve in all. Looking at Lily and Her mother you didn't see any resemblance only in their kind eyes. Also the way they composed themselves.

"How was your weekend with your friends?" She said peeking at me from over her shoulder. My mother acts all high and mighty like she's not a natural born sinner.

"It was fun actually. I made new friends and we went to the beach. " I smiled at the memory from a few days before.

"I know we have our differences but I really love you although I may not show it. It's called tough love dear. Who do you think decided on you going on that trip. I knew you would shy away I had to convince your father that you needed this trip and I can see it was good for you. " she said a small smile of her own on her face her eyes dancing with happiness.

"I Love you to mom. " I said putting down the seasoning for the chicken. She turned around looking from my hand to the chicken.

"Don't just stand there season the chicken its not going to do it itself!" I smiled she was back our heart to heart was over. I'm glad she opened up and gave me the love I thought was never there.

1950s Slang

*Ballad- Poem

*Give him a bell- A Call

*Unreal- Exceptional