Church Girl

My brain sent signals all through out my body. It was time to wake up I thought as my limbs started to react to the signals. I propped my weight up on my arms squeezing then un-squeezing my eyes. I was groggy from the beers I drank last night. Slowly reacting to different things different sounds, smells, sights even.

I thought about how the events of yesterday transpired groaning. Hitting my head back onto my pillow. James is finally gone thank the lord of all that's holy. That boy is impossible, I thought I'd never get him off my back.

Lily's a brave soul for trying to help me leave, lord only knows what he would've done to her. Honestly I don't know what I would've done if he bothered my dear Lily. She's a darling little thing really.

Flipping my infamous quilt off of my body I went to get some *bloomers and a brassiere. My feet padded down on the cold tiled floor as I made my way down the hall towards the bathroom.

A thud sounded from my parents room along with a few squeals. The sounds making me cringe. I would not like a sibling I love being the only child. I slipped into the warm milk like water. My thoughts drifting around my head, but one definitely sticking. Lily likes that Eric guy.

From the looks of it he's infatuated with her also. Who knew that Lily would come to a party and meet a guy. Rose smiled to herself dipping her sponge into the soapy water. Well certainly I would have never guessed. Giggling she grabbed her bathrobe rising from the murky water.

She walked to the door her robe rapped around her tightly. Opening the door she saw someone she would rather not see. Her mother leaning against the opposite wall her hair a tangled mess. Her silk robe hanging off her shoulder dangerously. Looking at the woman before her you couldn't help but compare the two. Same fair skin same bow shaped lips and figure. Rose had a couple of inches on her mom but not much.

"Good morning mother."

"GOOD morning. Darling it's a GREAT morning." an answering smile on her face.

"That is very disgusting and inappropriate to disguise. You shall know that I am going out to Pearls with Lily. We're also going to grandma's antique shop for some new dresses possibly."

"Alright dear I will expect you home around eight." Cupping Rose's face in both her hands she kissed her forehead. Lightly shoving her towards her room smacking her butt.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<***>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Eww Lily then she decided she would discuss her affairs with my father with me." Rose watched as Lily's face brightened; well enough of that topic for the day.

She pushed open the door to pearls letting Lily go first out of good will.

"Hi welcome to Pearl's what can I get for you today?" They made there way towards the counter where the woman stood. Looking at the neon sign.

"I would like a chocolate *slurg and my friend will have a vanilla *slurg .Thank you. "

We plopped down on the plush bar stools and *refueled. Rose scooped out a large spoon full of unmelted ice cream shoveling it into her mouth. Once all the unmelted ice cream was gone she snatched out her silver spoon pointing it at Lily. Flipping her long hair to the side.

"I mean Lily don't you think Eric is ju-"

"Eric is what, Rose?"

The two of them looked up shocked it was Eric in a tight white shirt and black pants looking as good as ever. Typical *greaser , typical.

"That your just an amazing dancer." I replied smiling my sweetest smile.

"Quite Rose, quite."

"Uhh, yea I have to return home my mother is expecting me." Just like that I left Lily and Hunter there in Pearls forget ice cream I have bigger problems. My mother.

1950s Slang

Bloomers-under wear

Slurg-Milkshake

Refueled- to eat

Greaser- a guy with tons of grease in his hair typical a cool guy