Church Girl

"All I'm saying is if he wants to date you then hey go for it." Rose said as we lay on the beach tanning our skin to perfection away from the others.

"Hey you know what?" Rose asked sitting up abruptly. There was no need to ask what because she would tell me anyway. "I have no clue who anyone is." She lay back across her towel on her back her shades shielding her eyes from the suns blinding rays.

"Okay well *I'll clue you in then." I looked around at the different faces trying to pick one to start on. I decided to point to the couple dancing on the sand.

"Okay you see those two?" I asked looking in Rose's face "That's Lynn and her boyfriend Ronnie." Lynn was beautiful but it looks like she *hit the bottle hard. My hair was originally this color sometimes I wish it wasn't because people label you just as some silly girl.

"What a *flutter bum!" Rose smiled she wouldn't dare ruin a relationship; or even speak to the boyfriend without the girlfriend around.

Leaning in close making sure not to be heard I informed her not to let Lynn here her say that.

Her boyfriend Ronnie was nicely sculpted by the lord himself. A broad chest, dark hair, with sparkly blue eyes that took you to the ocean. She was one lucky girl. Even from this distance, I felt the love burn from their hearts. I saw it in their eyes, nothing could break them apart they were *on the hook.

I looked over pointing at the *fuzzy duck, Jo.

"The *fuzzy duck is Jo." I said pointing at her writing her name in the sand.

"Jo...that's her name?" I gave a stiff nod looking out at the waves crashing against the coast. Jo was a short petite girl with black hair fitted to her face nicely. Making her look like a tiny fairy.

"That's Roy." I said pointing to an extremely tall lean blonde a *bundie if you must. His hair covered his eyes that I've come to learn are a leafy green.

Finally last but not least was an extremely tan dirty blonde named "John."

I said his name simply pointing in his direction. I've just named off five people I hope she remembers their names.

"So...she began John, Jo, Roy, Ronnie, Lynn." She listed off the names easily pointing in each of there directions as I nodded happily.

"Exactly!" I exclaimed as she nodded triumphantly.

"Roy is also a *flutter bum he's more my kind of guy." Rose commented before she had time to react. I pulled her to her feet taking her sunglasses off her head. I ran towards Eric taking his hand into mine we ran from Rose together laughing. As we ran I told him of how Rose took an interest in Roy. Eric went off to get Roy and the others in on the fun. As I ran into the ocean with Rose's sunglasses on my face Dancing like a maniac as we splashed around.

We laughed hysterically in the cool saltwater that brought down the temperature of our hot skin. I *bashed ears with Eric as I saw Roy approach Rose. John talked animatedly with Jo, Ronnie with Lynn, and Roy with Rose. Leaving only Eric and I to talk alone on the sands of the beach.

Today is the first Sunday in the month I would usually be at church. Lately I haven't really felt like going, but I push myself out of bed just to go. I turned over onto my right side as my hip begun to get sore. I thought of how Eric's room was down the hall from Rose and I's. I sat up my feet flapping down on the carpeted floor as I grabbed my robe and headed downstairs. Making breakfast for everyone along with a steaming cup of coffee.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<***>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I'll take you with me some time Lily." I smiled up at Eric from my spot on the floor around my new friends.

"I would like that, it sounds *cranked." I gleamed up at him.

"Really?" he asked unsure

"Really." I replied back. I was recently sitting on the floor with Eric above me on the couch. We were talking about his racing. The adrenaline rush he gets each time. I can't begin to imagine the wonderful feeling he's described.

I placed my head on his knee as he began brushing my hair out of my face with his fingers.

"Would you like to go for a walk with me Lily." Eric asked all the while holding his hand out to me. I took his hand into mine leaving the others in the dust as we walked outside.

"I've written you a *ballad. I will give it to you tomorrow, when the trip is over." Eric's words were like *apple butter making me fall faster. Like the sand on the beach.

"So Lily what year are you in?" Eric asked genuinely interested

" I'm in year eleven." I responded sweetly

" Oh are you a *paper shaker? All the girls I've known where pom pom girls; so are you?"

"Oh dear no I'm not a *Queen or a *Paper shaker. Just a regular student in high school." I told him my cheeks flushing red from embarrassment. I've not done any after school activities. I just got exceptional grades so I could have a decent job as a nurse.

"Teachers hate me. One year I had a *moldy giving out lessons on the weekends. Anyways a good *slodge of mine use to *sluff. So I decided to join him one day and missed every lesson until the summer." Eric rambled on again out weighing my not so adventurous life. I enjoyed his stories though as he told them I relived the moment even if I was never there.

1950's Slang

*I'll Clue you in- I'll tell you about it

*Hit the bottle- to bleach ones hair blonde

*flutter bum- a good looking boy

*Fuzzy duck- a girl with short hair

*Bundie- a boy in need of a haircut

*Apple butter - smooth talk or flattery

*Queen- popular girl

*Paper Shaker - cheerleader or pom-pom girl

*Moldy- bad teacher

*Slodge- a friend

*Sluff- To cut class