Prologue

The air was tangy, beautiful aromas of fruit and women whiffed through the air as I walked among the groups of women without a doubt in mind, there were no worries or hurting spirits that sobbed with agony. This was the land of the selfless, we're always willing to help the neighboring ones around us no matter the case but with a land of women, certain things were a no go. We enjoyed each other's company and danced with one another happily as women sung loudly in praises, we were happy were we are with plentiful fruit and desirable beliefs that anything was possible, that hope was abundant.

 I stretched up to the sky as the soft singing beckoned on everyone to dance, I twirled softly before dipping down then hopping back to my tippy toes as the soft hues of voices rung into my ears and blessed them. I couldn't stop the large grin coming to my face as I mimicked the other dancing people while my long, flowing blonde hair swirled and teasingly brushed against the back of my ankles, I giggled as another smiled at me before coming to follow the rhythm of the voices as I joined in singing and my voice mingled with the others. I stooped down with everyone else before coming back to my feet in a quick swirl in my spot as everyone else did it at the same time as me, the moves were so delicate and rhythmic that I memorized them the moment I first did it. 

Oh, how the years went by and I was soon a fourteen year old learning to sew and cook for my own healthy need, at least until I was swept off my feet by a peaceful foreigner coming to enjoy the bliss of peace and hope. Harmful predators lurked in the distance now and then, and when times come that we had to abandon home, we did with ease and happily camped elsewhere until the dangerous of lurking mischiefs found themselves off our diminutive island and then we would return back home and continue to let our love prosper and profoundly spread amongst one another. I twirled again, the ends of my dress heightened up as I swirled with happiness before pausing to swirl the opposite way. 

I enjoyed the fun I was having with the others while waiting for dinner to be served, it would consist of all vegetation and no meat of the sort, vegetarians we are and vegetarians we would always stay. I beckoned another woman forth as she nervously stood in far distance, she was young, no older than ten as I was now eighteen with the knowledge of a fifty year old because that's who I spent all my days with now that I was capable of taking care of myself and someone else. The desire to bare child like the women of the cult wasn't in my favor, I didn't have the correct body parts appose to them, their genitals went in while mine jutted out and while it was sad to say I could never have a child, I still liked the idea of it being possible. 

I took the ten year old girl's hands and twirled her around as she giggled before I twirled her the opposite way with a smile on my face, I felt like one of the older women that bared children and while I should be getting ready to ship away incase I met the man of my dreams, I didn't want to go. I twirled the ten year old again, I then swirled her off her feet and lifted her into the air as she laughed loudly, I gently placed her back on the ground before doing a twirl myself as the ends of my dress rose and stopped twirling in front of the child then went to join the line of dancers as we did our favorite dance of all the dances. 

Glee poisoned the air the most, we were happy people and we believed it was contagious to the fruit and vegetable crops growing for us. I exited the line as the rest of the people continued, laughing and celebrating nothing in particular other than a new day, we had woken for the day and that was because the Lord above helped us. We were Christian born and bred, we grew up learning about religion and it's benefits so we could pass it to our children in the future, I lightly twirled in the direction of the buffet before grabbing an apple and biting into it as the ten year old followed me. I passed it to her and grabbed another one before waving to Mannie as she dug a whole to plant a couple of pear seeds for growth. This was plenty of the life I needed, I enjoyed this freedom and this hope that I was given...

                         ...only if I knew sooner that I would be taken away from it.

                                                                                                                                  ~Evy