35. Demanding for a Stop

J A S O N ' S    P O V :

After some persuasion, I got the other Alpha's to agree to go home. I told them that since the wanted wolf was caught by my wolves on my territory, I should be the first one to interrogate her. They simultaneously agreed, eager to get there paws on Kara to make her pay for what they have done. 

"Over our dead body," Ethan growled. Throughout the meetings I have had with them, it has not only been a struggle to get along with them, but also every second Ethan tries to take control to kill them. I've never seen him so aggressive before, and it honestly scares me.

As soon as the last alpha had left after vowing to return, I ran to track down Kara. I wasn't going to waste anymore time. I needed that alpha position to protect her. If I got the title, I would gain more power and she would to, becoming Luna and all.

I found out she was still being held in the cells. I made my way down there to find all my guards knocked out and Kara leaning against the outside of her cage. She still amazes me every single day.

"What-How?"

A smirk slowly appears on her face as she walks towards me. "There is still a lot you don't know." I had been in meetings for so long that I hadn't gotten to see her for a day or two. I checked in with my guards, but I still felt really bad. I pulled her to me so quickly she gasped in surprise, slamming into my chest. I stuffed my head in the crook of her neck and breathed in her scent to calm down my wolf.

"Kara, I need a Luna. I have to become an Alpha, but not without my Luna by my side."

She froze as I told her this, her eyes growing wide. "I'll just put your pack in more danger."

"No, you won't. By the time anyone else finds out, we will already be ruling one of the most powerful packs. They wouldn't dare attack us, and even if they did, they would be taken out in an instant."

She nodded her head, but still looked unconvinced. I wanted to sit and console her, but my father had already gathered the pack for our announcement. 

"Right now, you have to meet the pack, though."

...

K A R A ' S    P O V :

I was currently dressed in a knee length grey dress. It wasn't too formal, but it also wasn't sweat pants and a ratty t-shirt.                                                             

I made my way towards the big stage that had been set up outside in the courtyard, my hair flowing behind me

Jason came out, walking towards me. He was wearing a dress shirt rolled up to his elbows and some dress pants. He hadn't really had a chance to change since he was helping with the preparations.

"You look stunning," he told me before turning serious. "The pack can't wait to meet their Luna. Come on," He ushered me towards the group of people.

Getting up on the stage, he called everyone's attention. Once the crowd went quiet and thousands of eyes were glued on us, Jason started.

"Silver Crescent Pack, I will officially be taking the role as your Alpha." The crowd erupted in cheers before he gestured to me. "And she will become your Luna." A murmur of whispers cascaded over the crowd. A lot of them had never seen me before, and were confused on how I was suddenly their Luna. 

"Who is she?" One girl a little older than me asked. 

"The wanted wolf, really Jason?" We turned to face Evelyn, who was making her way toward the stage. 

The crowd exploded in gasps. I heard things like, "she can't rule" and "she'll kill us all" spread like wildfire through the crowd. So much for making a first impression. 

Jason was growing angered at his packs treatment. "You will respect your Luna!"

A group of people spoke up. Jason had explained how they were really supportive of him in his pack duties. Knowing their names from Jason mentioning them, I watched as they stood up for me. "You can't just say things about her when you don't know the full story! We need to listen to her first before we make a decision!"

The crowd argued with them, and Jason pulled me off the stage. He ran a hand through his hair in worry. This whole situation was obviously stressing him out. "They aren't normally like this. Packs are supposed to love their Luna's no matter what."

This was true. Just one look at the alpha's mate and the pack was able to identify her as their Luna. It was as if they had seen her before, and just now felt a sense of deja vu. If I had looked like my normal self without these contacts and dyed hair, they immediately would've stood up for me. The whole hair style was throwing them off.

"Don't worry," I said, trying to ease his concern, "I know why they are like this."

"You do?" Confusion was etched into his expression. Before he could get more answers from me or even start to further interrogate me on the subject, we were approached by pack members. Looking closer, I realized that they were the ones to stand up for me.

"Sorry for the pack's behavior," Enderking98 said. "They only think this pack needs to be ruled by their true Luna."

"Are you actually the Alpha's mate? You don't look like the Luna," hibbert_mattis spoke, looking at me as if they were trying to see a familiar feature.

"Yeah, it's just, complicated...." I said, glancing down at my feet. I was happy, though that some of the pack members really wanted to take the time to get to know me. I could tell that Jason really appreciated it also. Instead of claiming me unfit for the position at first glance, they decided to look deeper.

"Well, whatever reason you're here," warriorolaf said, "we will support you. After all, our Alpha trusts you, so why shouldn't we?"

"Thanks for giving me a chance, guys. I really appreciate it."

They said their good byes before leaving.

As much as I wanted to stay, I still didn't have support of the pack. And with no support from them, there was no way they would even think of fighting for me. I also couldn't show myself as Amy because then the other packs would have just another way to identify me. 

I couldn't let Jason, or any of his pack members, especially Enderking98hibbert_mattis and warriorolaf get hurt. I wouldn't let them pay for something my family did. 

So, I narrowed down my choices.

And right then I knew...

I was going to run.

Run until I couldn't run any farther.

And if I made it, maybe I'd even return.

...

Hey guys!

I know I only mentioned some of the people who supported the story, but if you want to be mentioned in a similar chapter like this one, please vote and comment!

Also, the cover contest is still on, and we even have some entries!!

Anyway, thanks for all the support, and I hoped you liked this chapter!

Don't forget to 

READ. VOTE. COMMENT!

-HEXODUS ;*