Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Tristan

"Please tell me that's the new girl Bentley hired," Chase mumbled under his breath next to me. Wilder had put his menu down to watch Odette and the other waitress make their way over to us.

Last night I had thought that the girl locking up Bentley's place was going to be cute. Her height, size, and voice had sounded promising, but I wasn't expecting the knock-out that was walking towards us. Her hair was thick and dark hanging down from the ponytail it was in. She had curves in all the right places and I suddenly found myself balling my hands up into fists on the table to keep from reaching out and wrapping my hands around those wide hips that swayed perfectly when she walked. My eyes roamed over her body once more, pausing to rest on what was possibly the nicest rack I'd ever seen. That t-shirt she had on left little to the imagination, and those legs...Jesus Christ, those legs were something amazing.

"Fuck me..." Wilder whispered. The girls stopped in front of the table and Odette, the other dark-haired waitress rolled her eyes at him.

"Not even if you paid me," she said. Odette was nice to look at, too. Her raven-colored hair made her bright blue eyes shine in what was a masterpiece of a face. Her body was also curved nicely, but she wasn't an option. She never had been and she'd made that very clear to us on day one of her working here. Wilder didn't seem to acknowledge that, though.

"Oh, I wouldn't need to pay you to go to bed with me. You'd come willingly. They always do." He winked at the feisty server and then turned his attention to the brunette beauty that stood quietly with her eyebrows arched in an amused fashion. Now that she was closer up and there was light on in the building, I could see that her eyes were a pale green. Shit, she was gorgeous.

"Speaking of coming willingly, who's your friend?" All three of us perked up, waiting to hear the name of the sexy little waitress that was new here and was watching us all with curiosity.

"Not your bed buddy, Peyton. Back off." Wilder's mouth curled up into a mischievous grin. Odette's arms folded in front of her impressive chest as she stared down my best friend.

"Do you always let others speak for you, babe?" His eyes were on Odette, but his question was directed at the other girl. Her lips curled up into an all-knowing smile and I almost fell out of my chair. Fuck, even her smile was sexy.

"I do when they take the words right out of my mouth." Chase snorted and Wilder's smile disappeared, exchanging it for Odette's scowl.

"Ouch," Chase retorted, earning him a glare from Wilder.

"I knew I liked you." Odette beamed down at the girl and then glanced back up at us. "Are you guys here to piss me off or do you actually want to order something?"

"That depends. Are you on the menu?" Wilder was a persistent bastard.

"Not for you, asshole." I leaned back in my chair and chuckled lightly at the feud between my confidant and our server. When I cut my eyes towards the other waitress, I caught her green gaze locked on mine. My lips curled up into a pleased smile as she never once took her pretty eyes off of mine. I held her like that for a few more seconds before she turned away and gathered herself back up to engage in Wilder and Odette's confrontation.

"Odette, the only reason why you argue with me is because you know I'm right and you want me. Just admit it, baby, and I promise you your day will be a whole lot better." Odette's eyebrows reached her hairline and she burst out laughing. Many dirty looks and curious eyes turned our way as the wicked waitress carried on like they didn't exist.

"I am a lot of things, Wilder, but a liar is not one of them. Chase, what do you want to drink?" And just like that, Odette is the victor.

"I'll take a coke and an All-American to go." Chase tapped his menu on the table before handing it over to Odette who handed it to the new girl whose name I still hadn't learned. New girl's eyes turned to me and I ordered a coke and a giant chicken sandwich with extra fries.

"Thanks, Green," I nodded at the green-eyed waitress who gave me a tight smile and waited on Wilder to hand over his own menu. Instead of handing it to her, he met Odette's sapphire blues and ordered a water and double club to go, handing the menu to Odette afterward. The two girls strutted away and I watched as the other one disappeared into the kitchen. She had a great ass, too.

"You're such a dick." Chase shook his head as Wilder propped his feet up in the chair that was opposite of Chase. He shrugged and waved at his older sister who was making her way toward us.

"What can I say? I enjoy messing with her and it's funny to see Odette's tail feathers all ruffled." Something flared in Wilder's eyes as he talked about the mouthy woman who'd just stolen the last word from him. About that time, Bentley came strolling up to our table and propped her hip against the edge.

"Hello, sister dearest. Busy day?" Bentley rolled her eyes and slapped at his legs in the chair.

"Feet out of my chairs, kid." He dropped his legs and then looked past her at Green who was taking three plates out to a booth on the far end of the room.

"Who's that?" Wilder nodded at the girl and Bentley's lips pulled down into a hard line.

"A girl I hired a week ago."

"And you didn't tell me because...?"

"Because I don't answer to you, little brother. Now you stay away form her or I will let Odette finally beat your ass until it's black and blue with the baseball bat I keep behind the counter."

"You can beat my ass any day." Chase leaned back and put his hands behind his head, giving Bentley an appreciative smile. She shifted her gaze at Chase's suggestive comment and smiled shyly.

"Hi, Chase, Tristan. Same rules apply to you two as well. Leave my new girl alone." Leaving us with that command, she turned and headed back to the register to help a few more customers. Wilder leaned forward on his elbows and shook his head.

"Damn, can't even get a name."

"You ever hit on my sister in front of me again and I will shove that smug fucking smile on your face so far up your ass, you won't be able to shit for weeks." That launched a whole new conversation that I tuned out of. I was too busy watching the sexy brunette in a pair of tight jeans and a snug-fitting t-shirt that I had nicknamed "Green" until I found out her real name. She moved quickly and effortlessly. It was like a combination of Bentley's and Odette's movements when they were on the floor. It was quite fascinating. She was a looker no doubt about it, but if she was going to be heavily guarded by both the boss and the sassy head-waitress of the café then she wasn't worth it. No girl was worth that much work, didn't matter how hot I thought she was. If they didn't want me near her then I wouldn't argue. I had plenty more females waiting to get under me that weren't such a hassle to get to.