2.3 ▬ Realising

2.3  Realising

Harry!”

There was no answer from Harry. Louis straightened up after rolling the cuffs of his light blue shirt that he picked out for another day at work. There was no football practice for the day so he’ll be teaching English in the classrooms. He looked presentable from what he observed on the mirror but his hair seemed dull and lifeless. Harry always the one who styled his hair to perfection.

“Harry?” Louis said as he exited his bedroom and into the small living. He realized something before sighing out. He had forgotten Harry was no longer a resident in his flat.

Louis left the flat after grabbing an energy bar from one the cupboards. He didn’t want to try to cook breakfast because he knew he’s going to ruin the kitchen again. Once Louis was in the car, he started up the engine. As he waited for the car to warm up, he fished his phone from the pocket of his light grey trousers to make a call.

Since Liam told him that he saw Harry with Niall, he decided to call the Irish one since he had tried calling Harry a bunch of times last night but the calls failed. He tapped the steering wheel with his fingers impatiently as he waited for his call to be answered.

“What’s da craic?” Niall greeted with a drunken voice.

“Niall, are you drunk?” Louis asked as he looked at the watch that wrapped around his wrist, “It’s almost eight in the morning.”

“Who cares?” He cackled to himself.

“Anyway, where is Harry?! You fucking know it, don’t you.”

Louis heard the sounds of vomiting and his face contorted into a disgusted look as he put his phone away from his ear. There was coughing and chuckling coming from the telephone.

“You okay, mate?”

“’M gonna go now. Just fucking vomited on the fucking carpet. Fuck, later.” Niall ended the call but not before hearing his vomiting again.

Louis scoffed, “Wanker.” He threw his phone onto the passenger seat and couldn’t believe he was already running late for work thanks to the Irish man.

-

His day at the school was just the same as it was every Wednesday. Teaching kids literature, give them pop quizzes every so often, marking some papers but he had to spend his lunch time alone in one of the empty rooms in the school. It was where Louis and Zayn like to hang out and gossiping like school girls about the students. The room that was situated near a music room was the place they had chosen because no one actually lingers there during lunch hour.

When Louis was on his way to his car parked at the school’s parking lot, he received a text from his girlfriend, Eleanor.

How about we have a dinner at your place? I’ll cook :D

Louis really wasn’t in the mood of having anyone’s company but there was a twitch of guilty sparked inside of him. He had cancelled his dinner date with Eleanor the other night and he knew she had been waiting for that date to arrive. So unwillingly, he texted an ‘okay’ to Eleanor. Maybe she could lift Louis’ spirit. After all, she was the only person he currently has since Zayn wasn’t in town.

-

“You okay, babe?”

It was a quarter before eight o’clock. Eleanor was already halfway from finishing her beef stew that she had been telling him how excited she was that she finally got the opportunity to cook for dinner. Usually, it was Harry who does the cooking even when there’s Eleanor in the flat.

“I’ve just . . . I’ve been worrying about Harry, El. ‘s nothing.” Louis shook his head and gave her a weak smile for a sign of assurance from where he was sitting at the dining table. It was really a something. But he decided not to act like he was so affected by Harry’s disappearance.

“Well, I hope young Harold is alright.” El replied as she stirred the stew in the big pot, “I did notice you’ve been frowning the whole time I’ve been here. You would always be so smiley whenever I see you. I suspect it’s because of your worry for your flat mate?”

Louis nodded, “Yeah, I’m glad you understand, El. I don’t know why I suddenly realized that he is so important in my life. I . . . I felt empty because he’s not here.”

“If he’s not here for another few weeks, I’ll help you find him. But he is an independant boy so I think he can manage to live his life without you for a while. Maybe there’s a problem at home, you know?”

Then Eleanor started to ramble on the beauty stuff she bought from whatever store she likes to shop at and that was when Louis zoned out. It was nice knowing that Eleanor understood him but he knew no one would be as worried as he was.

-

I tried. Sorry for not updating for so long! Finally had the feeling to write and wasn’t so busy. Vote and comment as always :)