14

Before we start, can we just take a moment to appreciate the new cover? It was created by izxati and it's so cute. (It's below for you all to see.) Now, I know I always ask about whether or not Charlotte and Isaac will have a boy or girl, but I'm keeping it a secret- to be fair, though you all have a 50-50 chance of getting it right. I kinda drop clues along the way (not too obvious, I hope) and the covers may just be anther clue. So, before I had a pink cover and now this one is blue, just to keep you all guessing!

 So, before I had a pink cover and now this one is blue, just to keep you all guessing!

It was weird to see Isaac and Martha together

It was weird to see Isaac and Martha together. They were very similar and it was scary. The same hair colour, the same eyes, the same mannerisms... identical in every way. But what really struck me in all this is really how similar they are considering they've never lived in the same country for longer than a year. Martha's spent all her life in Australia while Isaac has been in London for almost seventeen years. Maybe Martha's personality is all down to genetics. Nature versus nurture. 

Oh, God! Is this what my baby's going to end up like?

"Martha, you can't stay indoors again," Isaac says over breakfast. Since Martha's arrival last week, Isaac's been inviting me over more and more so that Martha and I can get to know each other, including asking me to join them this morning. "Honestly, you're so lazy."

"Lazy is a very strong word," Martha counters. Her eyes glisten dangerously and already I'm bracing myself for what's about to happen. Despite only knowing her for a few days, I've already familiarised myself with a few of her tells and this one, the way she looked so alive in the face, told me that she was about to do battle with her father. Again. "I like to call it selective participation."

Isaac snorted. "Call it whatever you want, just don't expect me to give you any cash towards it."

"But-" Martha began to protest. When Isaac levelled an amused stare on her, she promptly closed her mouth and plastered on a sweet smile. This girl knew how to play people and I'd imagined she's had a lot of practice, but Isaac was seemingly immune to her manipulation. "Urgh, you're horrid."

Feeling as if he'd won the battle- but not the war- Isaac leant back in his seat and draped an arm casually over the back of my chair. His fingers grazed the top of my arm, his thumb circling my skin and sending sparks if electric through my body. I wanted to shy away from his touch but the sensation was intoxicating and I couldn't help but crave it more. And did he really have to smell so bloody good? Urgh, what was it about this man that turned me into such a girl?!