7.1 (Edited)

(Livvy POV)

"OK so you will have Language Arts first. Then you will have Physics. Next will be Music. I picked that for you cause you can use that time to work on your music for your next album. Then comes lunch, and you will have another period of music. You can also use lunch as a music period too if you want. You will be going to Calculus and a free period. You suggested to be a teacher's assistant for dance last period, so that seems to be your schedule." Me, my friends and Malcolm were sitting his father's office going over my schedule. Why Malcolm was here I had no clue, but it was comforting having him here.

"OK that sounds perfect to me." I reached for my schedule. "What about the others?"

He handed me other papers, " These are there schedules. You will have at least one of them in each of your classes. Malcolm will be in most of your classes except one of your music classes, your dance class, and your free period. Jace will also be in most of your classes except one of your music classes, free period, and calculus. Other than that you should be fine. If you have any concerns feel free to stop by and ask any questions you have OK?"

I nodded and hugged him. "Thanks so much for everything Jack." He smiled and hugged me back. "No problem Livvy. I want you to be as comfortable as possible. Now go get to class you guys are late."

We grabbed our stuff and headed off in our separate directions. I had my first class with Malcolm, Anna, and Jacob. I knocked on the door and opened it walking into the room first. Automatically there were excited whispers about me being their classmate. I gave them my bright smile that seemed to put them into this daze. "Hi I'm Olivia McCoy, your new student, and these are Anna and Jacob my friends."

I smiled at the man and handed him our schedules so he could add him to our roster. "Well its a pleasure to have you in my class Miss McCoy and friends. My name is Mr. Osbourn, I will be your Language Arts teacher for the year. Please find a seat and we can get started."

I looked around the room for an empty seat for us. There were three spots, but all of them were next to other people. I could see other people trying to get them to sit next to me even though they were sitting next to other people. I secretly wanted to sit next to Malcolm, but Jace was next to him and I didn't want to make him move so I moved towards a guy in the back of the room. He was brown haired with glasses. He was wearing. A t-shirt too big for him, but I could see the outlines of muscle underneath. I could tell he was getting more and more nervous the closer I got to him. I sat down in the chair next to him and faced him. "Hi my is Olivia but you can call me Livvy. What's your name?"

He looked at me so shocked like he couldn't believe I was talking to him and then looked behind me. I turned to see everybody else, including the teacher stare at me in shock. "What's wrong?"

"Nobody really talks to me." I turned back to the boy and frowned. "Why not?" He shrugged. "I'm not really cool like the other kids."

Hearing that made me frown even deeper. Why did they treat this boy so wrong? "Well I'm talking to you so what's your name?"

"Matt." I smiled at him. "Well Matt, I don't care what others think. You haven't proven yourself a loser to me so you aren't one. You are my new friend." Saying this I glared at my other classmates who looked away sheepishly. I looked back at Matt to see him smile at me. "Really?"

I nodded eagerly. "Thank you!" I took his hand and smiled warmly at him. "No problem that's what friends are for." He looked like he was gonna say something but got cut off with an animalistic growl floating throughout the class room. He froze and I looked around the room in search of what could have made that noise. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary except for Malcolm giving the death glare to Matt. Could he have made that noise? Why would he do that? Of course he didn't that was too animalistic for a human to do.